Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OEM diagnostic software

Has anyone used the OEM diagnostic software to connect to the 250X?
    If so where did you get it and what exactly did you have to buy.
    RIVA sells it but they have 4 or 5 different parts and RIVA told me I needed them all even though one part says its for models older than 06??
    How useful is the diagnostics? Can you replay RPM's, sensor data, etc

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    I understand you can get a "kit" that has it bundled. Who's got the part number for the kit???

Calling Mitch...

See Rivaracing.com Online Watercraft Performance Catalog.
    You will need :
    Software v2.4 (P/N B57001-1506)
    Signal Converter, Kaw (57001-1504)
    Communication Cable with adapter Kaw 06 and older (57001-1470)
    Relay Cable Kaw for diagnostic software (57001-1535)
    Adapter for Comm. cable for Kaw 07+ (57001-1696)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by psychosvk View Post
    See Rivaracing.com Online Watercraft Performance Catalog.
    You will need :
    Software v2.4 (P/N B57001-1506)
    Signal Converter, Kaw (57001-1504)
    Communication Cable with adapter Kaw 06 and older (57001-1470)
    Relay Cable Kaw for diagnostic software (57001-1535)
    Adapter for Comm. cable for Kaw 07+ (57001-1696)

I heard you can get a kit bundle for alot less than buying the individual pieces. Anyone know the correct part number for the kit???

Quote Originally Posted by kman View Post
    Has anyone used the OEM diagnostic software to connect to the 250X?...How useful is the diagnostics? Can you replay RPM's, sensor data, etc
    Local dealer is going to show me how this software works on 250 maybe by tomorrow. My engine is still apart so will demo on new Ultra.

Ive been thinking for a while that this may be a very underutilized tool. I want to find out whether key data can be displayed in real time on PDA while underway. Will confirm all key sensor data.

Looked at KDS kit & manual today but no laptop so could not see it run on Ultra.

2 software programs are loaded onto PC. Power requirements seem modest. KDS Adapter plug (size of deck of cards) connects PC to ECU. Could not boot up to see all sensor data recorded but it seems to cover just about everything important incldg oil press & temp, fuel press, SC temp, boost press, rpms, engine temp, electrics, etc. Software allows you to monitor up to 3 different values simultaneously in real time both by graphs & numbers in 20 second intervals.

Provides complete history of use from hour one including all error codes ever generated. Will make it easy to reconstruct engine use during break in and anytime else.

Key question for me is whether KDS will work on compact PDA instead of laptop allowing real time monitoring during use on water. If so, adding misc custom guages may be unnecessary.

Hope to see KDS in action in near future. For now, I continue to think this is a great tool that is underutilized. I hope anyone who has experimented with it already will check in.

I would think that the question of real time PDA display while underway has been tackled by street cyclists but dont know yet.

I Used part #'s:
    57001-1649, 1688, 1648 and version 3.0 of software (1650). Connected directly to capped plug near ECM. Software showed some sensors and could graph but didn't do much more.
    It also required the key to be on and when the ECM would shut off power after a couple of minutes it would loose communications and you would have to start over (A real Pain!)
    I also did all the sensor tests that were available but it just said test complete with no other info.
    Any one else use this software and have some more info. Why are the part #'s listed in the service manual different than the part #'s I received?

KMan, thanks for the update. Ive not yet tried the software 1sthand but trying to set up demo. I dont know the parts #s but saw the kit. I recall seeing a small connector plug (in addition to ECM)for external power source (hooks to PWC power). The manual says you can display 3 data graphs simultaneously in 20 sec flashes while engine running. I was told engine must be running even to retrieve past data but not sure why. I hope you can keep tinkering with it.

The manual I saw gave very sketchy instructions how to run the software. The CD should have tutorial that lists all data recorded. Data fields are not listed in manual, but there should be a ton of them given all the sensors.
    Last edited by Blue 182; 12-06-2007 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Add

KDS Demo

I got a KDS demo on an Ultra today. I need to start by correcting some inaccurate info I unwittingly posted.

The ECU apparently overwrites sensor data as you go. The error codes, if any, are preserved. But there is no guarantee that your general sensor data recorded during break-in will be preserved.

The engine must be running for real time monitoring. Key must be on to retrieve any stored data.

More than 35 data fields can be examined incldg, oil press & temp, inlet & atmospheric pressure, camshaft & crankshaft sensors, fuel press, water temp, throttle open angle, system relay switches, SC air temp, batt voltage, starter switch etc.

Kawi registers users and can remotely view the same data that you retrieve.

Real time on water monitoring seems possible if you have a waterproof laptop. I dont think a little PDA will work.

This seems like a great diagnostic tool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eng Rbld 004.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	48190   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eng Rbld 005.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	48191   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eng Rbld 012.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	48192  

+1
    Lenovo makes some very sick notebooks - workhorses, not gaming rigs. Also warranty for accidental spills.

Scroll down to water test on left in the link below

http://www.lenovovision.com/lv2/medi..._t_series_tour

Blue, this is for you! I'll make a mount for ya!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information