Sc Bearing Failure

I messaged sunday that my 05 RXT slowed down and stopped running. I pulled the SC and the bearings failed. Completely ate my 300.00 Riva wheel and filled the motor with aluminum dust. Pulled dip stick and you could see the dust on the oil stick. luckly I bought the extended warranty and took it to the dealer today to get the engine fixed. Found out some good news. If you have a super charger failure and it is under warranty you get the new 2008 charger as replacement. But you can not buy one outright. I thought that was good news. Also they are going to replace the motor! The dealer I bought from is Schronce power sports in Talorsville NC. They will take care of you even if you have modified parts. I had put washers and the riva wheel 50 hours ago and the bearings appeared alright. I am pulling the SC off of my 2005 Rxp and having Jerry rebuild it next week before it happens to it. It has 90 hours with the washers put in after the first motor threw the rod out of the block at 36 hours. It has a stage 1 kit and when they replaced the motor at the dealership they put the stage 1 back on and installed the washers for nothing while they were at it. Great people!

+1
    Is the replacement SC (08 supercharger) off the RXP/T-X or the regular RXP/T? If it came off the RXP/T-X it would be worth getting the extended warranty, I might have to reconsider getting the extended warranty.

+1
    wow thats fantastic.. glad to hear some places arent a total hack.. Its always nice for some one to go that extra step sometimes..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by piper250 View Post
    Pulled dip stick and you could see the dust on the oil stick.

Sorry to hear about your supercharger, but you don't have aluminum dust in your oil. When the supercharger impeller rubs the housing there won't be any dust or debris getting past your piston rings and into the crankcase

Quote Originally Posted by piper250 View Post
    I messaged sunday that my 05 RXT slowed down and stopped running. I pulled the SC and the bearings failed. Completely ate my 300.00 Riva wheel and filled the motor with aluminum dust. Pulled dip stick and you could see the dust on the oil stick. luckly I bought the extended warranty and took it to the dealer today to get the engine fixed. Found out some good news. If you have a super charger failure and it is under warranty you get the new 2008 charger as replacement. But you can not buy one outright. I thought that was good news. Also they are going to replace the motor! The dealer I bought from is Schronce power sports in Talorsville NC. They will take care of you even if you have modified parts. I had put washers and the riva wheel 50 hours ago and the bearings appeared alright. I am pulling the SC off of my 2005 Rxp and having Jerry rebuild it next week before it happens to it. It has 90 hours with the washers put in after the first motor threw the rod out of the block at 36 hours. It has a stage 1 kit and when they replaced the motor at the dealership they put the stage 1 back on and installed the washers for nothing while they were at it. Great people!

"Mr Schronce" lives 2 houses beside me......They are awesome people...I bought my 07 RXT from Schronce Powersports.....I have worked with and know the technicians very well......they do nothing half-ass....I highly recommend them for anyone around the area.....they do everything to make sure the costomer is 1000% satisfied....I'm glad to hear they treat you as well as they do me...

Thread Information