Doo It Till It Hurts! holdnon72's Avatar

How Long Should I go Between Oil Changes?

I have an 06 Sea Doo Sportster with the 155hp engine. I'm running Mobil 1 10W-40 Synthetic oil and wanted to know how long to wait before I change the oil? Also I have about 15-20 hours on the new synthetic oil can I just pump out 3 quarts of oil and leave the same filter in for now,and just add 3 fresh quarts of oil? Thanks for any info..

Quote Originally Posted by holdnon72 View Post
    I have an 06 Sea Doo Sportster with the 155hp engine. I'm running Mobil 1 10W-40 Synthetic oil and wanted to know how long to wait before I change the oil? Also I have about 15-20 hours on the new synthetic oil can I just pump out 3 quarts of oil and leave the same filter in for now,and just add 3 fresh quarts of oil? Thanks for any info..
    Sure you can pump 3 quarts out and put 3 back in, you can leave the same filter but next time you change the oil (20-30hours)I would definately replace it. Since your boat is not supercharged and can run synthetic I would change the oil every 50 hours just to be safe......i'm sure it will be fine to run it longer than that.

This is off topic

Do you take your sportster out in Ocean water? If so how is it in the chops? I'm looking to get a Speedster 150 next year and wondering how is it in Ocean water

Doo It Till It Hurts! holdnon72's Avatar
    Yup salt water all the time. It's gotta be a pretty flat day for me to head into the ocean but I am impressed of the ride this little sportster gives in the choppy waters. I mainly stay in the back bays and the delaware bay. But ya you can take her in the ocean. I can honestly say I never came home sore from a day out on the water. I love my Sportster and I'm glad I bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by holdnon72 View Post
    Yup salt water all the time. It's gotta be a pretty flat day for me to head into the ocean but I am impressed of the ride this little sportster gives in the choppy waters. I mainly stay in the back bays and the delaware bay. But ya you can take her in the ocean. I can honestly say I never came home sore from a day out on the water. I love my Sportster and I'm glad I bought it.
    I change oil every 25 hours, filter every 50. Cheap insurance for longevity.

Sure you can just change out the oil, but that is like wiping your butt with a single sheet of toilet paper. Yea, it kinda works but it is not ideal and you quickly realize that with alittle more effort (Another foot or so of toilet paper), you could have done it right.

GEt the filter out, its only $7-10 bucks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C View Post
    Sure you can just change out the oil, but that is like wiping your butt with a single sheet of toilet paper. Yea, it kinda works but it is not ideal and you quickly realize that with alittle more effort (Another foot or so of toilet paper), you could have done it right.

GEt the filter out, its only $7-10 bucks!

Hehe tommyboy is that you.

Sounds like the tbone steak statement tommyboy said.

Thread Information