Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Fairlanex

Plug replacement - what type

I was just pondering the plug issue and want to get a spare set of plugs - just in case. Our (insert any PWC brand here)dealers here won't even order plugs unless they have a work order and your ski in their workshop. Kawa don't even have a prop tool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anyhow what's the go with replacement plugs. Do we just get the ones that they come with or the other alternative (part number anyone?) and does the alternative have any known negatives (void warranty etc) I know the originals should be covered by warranty but I don't want my riding limited by delayed warranty claims so I'm pre-empting. Cheers, Josh

+1
    NGK cr9eix iridium replacement

NGK PMR9B stock

This is my experience. I just changed the plugs in mine to the iridium from good stock plugs with 54 hours and no problems. The first time out the ski felt down on power. The next time out I GPSed the ski and at the low fuel buzzer I could barely get 67mph where as before I was running 68+ consistently at 1/2 tank.

I lost performance on my turbo mustang when I went to iridiums. My opinion is the screw on plug top will loosen and you gain resistance there. I know the tops loosening have been a problem for others.

This is just my opinion. I do not feel asny misses, but I have put iridiums in two different vehicles of mine and both lost performance. I will be ordering stock plugs to put back in mine and stock plugs to put in my other ski.

Just my experience

hello everyone i am new to the forum
    jw same thing happend to me when changed to cr9eix when my stock plugs failed at 25hours. was only getting my rpm's to 7510 7520 i decided to check the new plugs and notice they had black spots in different areas in the plugs so i decided to try to index them and right away my rpm's whent back to 7600 7610. has anybody else try indexing their plug's?

Quote Originally Posted by JWilson View Post
    NGK cr9eix iridium replacement

NGK PMR9B stock

This is my experience. I just changed the plugs in mine to the iridium from good stock plugs with 54 hours and no problems. The first time out the ski felt down on power. The next time out I GPSed the ski and at the low fuel buzzer I could barely get 67mph where as before I was running 68+ consistently at 1/2 tank.

I lost performance on my turbo mustang when I went to iridiums. My opinion is the screw on plug top will loosen and you gain resistance there. I know the tops loosening have been a problem for others.

This is just my opinion. I do not feel asny misses, but I have put iridiums in two different vehicles of mine and both lost performance. I will be ordering stock plugs to put back in mine and stock plugs to put in my other ski.

Just my experience

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ULTRA FEVER View Post
    hello everyone i am new to the forum
    jw same thing happend to me when changed to cr9eix when my stock plugs failed at 25hours. was only getting my rpm's to 7510 7520 i decided to check the new plugs and notice they had black spots in different areas in the plugs so i decided to try to index them and right away my rpm's whent back to 7600 7610. has anybody else try indexing their plug's?
    Interesting I know of another post on here where a person said they used the iridiums and rpms were down, but the weather could of played a part.

I would say I was down a good 2mph for the whole day.

Like I said, I had no misses, no stumbles and no indication anything was wrong other than I did not have the same rpms or speed.

anybody have a line on the PMR9B's ??? cheapest I can find them are 13.50 each..

talked to my kaw dealer they said kaw has a new replacement plug coming soon covered under warranty.

Just listed my spare plugs for sale in classifieds, a set of PMR9B's, and a set of CR9EIX if anyone is interested. Sold my ski.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    I changed my plugs a lil while back to the iridiums, and i was down on RPM's, I attributed to the extreme heat here, but now I am thinking other wise, going to pick up some stock plugs this afternoon, ill run them as back to back as possible, since changing them when the motor is hot isnt an option.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    I changed my plugs a lil while back to the iridiums, and i was down on RPM's, I attributed to the extreme heat here, but now I am thinking other wise, going to pick up some stock plugs this afternoon, ill run them as back to back as possible, since changing them when the motor is hot isnt an option.
    Check your screw on tops and see if they have loosened?

Another thing I just remembered The first time out I noticed my stock ski was turning 7800 rpm and mine was only turning very low 7700s.

The problem with the ultra's is rpms will vary so much with changes in weather and temp it is hard to get any idea what exactly is causing the problem.

funny you say that..i changed mine out 2 weeks ago..stock ones at 31 hrs were ok just wanted to see the difference..last weekend i was down about 200 rpms..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information