Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

lake ontario riders launch sites

hi.....wondering where guys who ride in lake ontario in the missisauga oakville ,burlington area launch. what are the best spots for launching and riding in this area.thanks.

You should check with SMC.... here rides up in Toronto and might be able to help you out... and from what I understand he has a hell of a ski so it won't be a waste of your time!!!

well,maybe he'll chime in here.....ive got a couple of guys i ride with regularly,were just bored of the same haunts and want something new.

+1

l. ont

check with phillipgpr he rides lake Ontario

+1
    lakefront promenade is a nice launch. it is located off lakeshore just east of cawthra. watch out for the resident swan though. it is very teritorial and likes to chase pwc. you can ride down to the credit river and go to snug harbour for a drink. lots of eye candy hanging around and walking on the boardwalk.

Quote Originally Posted by JayZ View Post
    watch out for the resident swan though. it is very teritorial and likes to chase pwc.

That's funny!! We have the same type of swan that get territorial around here (Southern Lake Ont.), but the most they ever do is hiss.... I think if they ever chased me I might have to chase them back .... little f**kers

+1
    i was talking to a guy with an rx at the ramp one day and he said the swan jumped on the back of his ski and bit him on the leg. personally, i'd like to introduce him to my 3 iron.

I have vacationed on southern Lake Ontario in the tiny town of Fair Haven for the last two years. Sleepy town, nothing to do but fish and ski! I launch out of Fair Haven Beach State Park on Little Sodus Bay($7.00 a day entry fee). Plenty of parking, nice launch ramp, room to tie up for the day, picnic tables, and little BBQ pits to use. The town has a free launch ramp, but the seaweed is horrendous there.

I normally launch under the Burlington Skyway bridge.
    There is a few launches throughout burlington, oakville, and Mississauga. Bronte area there is a nice launch with some restaurants and bars around. Do not recall the name of the marina. I believe there is another up around Port credit area.
    Going past Hamilton towards Niagara, there is 50 point marina.

Hi,
    Ashbridges Bay is actually quite clean! It is located just off the Gardiner EX east at Woodbine. parking can be a problem, but lately it hasn't been. Mimico at Parklawn just plain sucks! It's gross!! Mike tells me Scarboro at Brimley is good. I'm going to ride as much as I can this weekend so let me know. I'll go the Ashbridges. If a guy named Jaun shows up, a fun time will be had by all!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information