Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1

    SLT 750 Carb options

    Are there any OEM carbs that are direct (except for jetting) replacements on a 1994 SLT 750. I found a set from a 96 SL 780, and was wondering if they'll just bolt up, as far as to the manifold and reeds as well as the linkages. Also, will they give any gains over stock carbs?
    thanks.


  2. #2
    Wankel till I die!! jonjonwells's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    637
    All the 44's will bolt up as long as you install the intake manifold to go with them. As for gains, all depends on what other mods you have. At a min, I would look at a 2 mph gain. With all the mods I had already, I saw right a 7mph, but that was with alot of other stuff. It will however make your holeshot suffer just a bit, but it makes up for it in the middle.

  3. #3
    For 780 carbs on a 750, are there any special reasons that you need to swap manifolds too? Seen that a lot on here.

    I recently put 780's on mine, and did notice that the carb studs didn't allow it to sit properly on the manifold. Studs were hitting down below. Took the studs from my 750 carbs and put them on the 780's and mated up just fine to my 750 manifold. The 780 studs appeared to be about 1/4 inch too long. Stock 750 manifold with no reed spacers on mine.

  4. #4
    hmm. that would explain why it was such a mother f'er to get the 6 12mm nuts on the 780 carbs I put on the other day. I thought it was because I'd taken the lower reed bolts out first, when I took the carbs off, but put them in first, when installing, and they were in the way. I had to tighten all 6 nuts, 2 flats at a time with a short wrench.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Larsonator View Post
    hmm. that would explain why it was such a mother f'er to get the 6 12mm nuts on the 780 carbs I put on the other day. I thought it was because I'd taken the lower reed bolts out first, when I took the carbs off, but put them in first, when installing, and they were in the way. I had to tighten all 6 nuts, 2 flats at a time with a short wrench.
    Yeah I'd make sure those things are sitting flush onto the manifold if you didn't swap studs. The 780 studs are just barely too long. With swapping the studs, I still had to slightly raise the carbs and get the nuts started.

    Also I know this probably isn't the popular thing to do, but I cleaned the threads up and didn't use loctite on the nut end of the stud. This allowed me to thread the nuts all the way up with my fingers, then just took a 1/2 turn or so of a wrench to snug them up. I'll check em periodically.

  6. #6
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,327
    +1
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by MetallikatZ3 View Post
    Are there any OEM carbs that are direct (except for jetting) replacements on a 1994 SLT 750. I found a set from a 96 SL 780, and was wondering if they'll just bolt up, as far as to the manifold and reeds as well as the linkages. Also, will they give any gains over stock carbs?
    thanks.
    780, 750, and 650 all use the same Super BN 38mm carbs, no gain in performance between them. The 780 cable is moved to the opposite side, so you'll need the longer cable. As mentioned before, the 44's with an intake manifold will bolt up, but will need a longer cable also.

  7. #7
    Hey xlint89, which 780 carbs or years had this cable on the opposite end? My cable connection is at the same end as my regular 750 carbs, as they are also in this diagram... http://houseofmotorcycles.bikebandit...7/1996/2421150

  8. #8
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,327
    +1
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by mystahagy View Post
    Hey xlint89, which 780 carbs or years had this cable on the opposite end? My cable connection is at the same end as my regular 750 carbs, as they are also in this diagram... http://houseofmotorcycles.bikebandit...7/1996/2421150
    Honestly I don't know? I just know the cables are longer and I've read the cable drum is on the opposite side from the guys on here.

  9. #9
    my 780 carbs have the cable connections on the same end as my 750 carbs.

  10. #10
    Wankel till I die!! jonjonwells's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    637
    the 44's I just installed had the cable on the opposite end, but the cable was actually able to reach it. It was a little tight, but no problems.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 95 polaris slt 750 Carb Rebuild? Or just a cleaning?
    By og35891 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-18-2014, 02:51 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-27-2011, 11:08 PM
  3. 1994 SLT 750 CDI replacement options
    By toddy256 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-25-2011, 12:35 AM
  4. f.s. polaris sl slt 750 tripple carbs complete
    By nick34 in forum Polaris Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 07:25 AM
  5. 93 SL 750 with SLT 780 carbs?
    By kabadou in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-02-2007, 06:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •