Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1

running ski out of water.... *Questions*

Hi guys! I just got the piece so that I can attach my garden hose to my Gp1200r!!! But I have my pump shoe, and intake grate off right now... I don't believe it will be a problem, at all.. but just want to make sure...

Is it ok to run water through the ski with the shoe and intake off....

+1
    No shoe and no grate will be fine. Just dont stick your hand up in there.

BE SURE to do a hose test this way:

Start engine
    Turn on water
    Turn off water
    Turn off engine

The water should NEVER be running while the engine is off.

speaking of this what is the longest you can leave the ski on without the water flowing, I ask cause I accidentally was talking to some retard near the hose and forgot my ski was running with the hose off, Only for about a minute but it hurt my heart to know I did it lol... Didnt sound like I messed it up cept for the first time it didnt start on the first try like it normally does but that could just be in my head too..

Nothin' runs like a Deere IowanGPR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dicedrop25 View Post
    speaking of this what is the longest you can leave the ski on without the water flowing, I ask cause I accidentally was talking to some retard near the hose and forgot my ski was running with the hose off, Only for about a minute but it hurt my heart to know I did it lol... Didnt sound like I messed it up cept for the first time it didnt start on the first try like it normally does but that could just be in my head too..

a minute should be fine if you didn't touch the throttle. that is about the max I would let it go but I'm not going to find out how long it takes to damage the motor I'm sure someone here knows

I would imagine it would take awhile to overheat at idle.

A little off topic but Ive watched some people put their skis on the trailer, pull them out of the water, start them up, hammer the throttle and bang the rev limiter for a consistant 5 or so secs over and over for about 5 times in a row

Quote Originally Posted by DubelTrubel View Post
    A little off topic but Ive watched some people put their skis on the trailer, pull them out of the water, start them up, hammer the throttle and bang the rev limiter for a consistant 5 or so secs over and over for about 5 times in a row
    I always see people do this. I don't see a reason for it at all. I do turn mine on after loading it up, it will push some standing water in the pump out under the ski. I never rev it though, no point really.

Quote Originally Posted by DubelTrubel View Post
    They are clearing the water out of the water box.

Don't need to hammer the throttle though, just blip the throttle to create exhaust preasure and you will see water come out of the exhaust

Alternatively, fit the jetworks mod and it will keep the water box empty whilst you cruise in via the no wake zone at below 3500RPM.

Ya, Ive always started mine up for a quick sec, blip the throttle to around 3-4k then shut it off but never that long, that many of times and bumping it off the rev limiter

Thread Information