Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any one here graduated from MMI?

Ive been thinking about enrolling and becoming a pwc technician has any one here graduated from the Marine Mechanic Institute in orlando fl and would care to share there experiance?

Dude, if it`s in ya, go for it!
    If I would have followed my skill path, it would have been Moto X, then cars...If I had to do it all over again, it would def be marine/boat repair of some kind.
    I`ve worked on many vehicles from Kubota, bikes, carts, cars, trucks, limos, construction equip., lawn equip you name it, and worked on plenty boats in my past time, wish I would have concentrated on the marine, but grew up with construction trade skills and automotive. to old to change things now and earn the right amount of $$$
    Good Luck!...PR...

Thanks Pale Rider i want to become a seadoo certified mechanic hmmm ......wonder if they actualy have a program like that .

sea doo does have a certified program, it takes a few years to become what they call "certified"

you start off with a few online classes and dvds. that gets you to a level i think they call "technician" then you have to take a hands on class, i think 3 years after that you can take all the update classes and be "certified"

thats not exactly how it works, but it'll give you an idea

i never went to MMI, its expensive and as anyone will tell you, you'll learn more on the job then in school. at the same time, i was young and could afford to be paid basically nothing while i was learning. MMI may be the best route for you because it makes it easier to find a job.

keep in mind, the winter sucks, you wont make any money and when your dealers area economy sucks, your paycheck gets hit hard because no one spends money to fix their toys. other than that, its a great job and can be a lot of fun

come to think of it, i think it goes technician, certified, then master tech. i dont remember they changed it all around recently

I realy want to do this since i love working on things and i love jet skis so a job where im around pwc all day is perfect for me the pay should be good and the benifets even better.

Quote Originally Posted by gtxscrider View Post
    I realy want to do this since i love working on things and i love jet skis so a job where im around pwc all day is perfect for me the pay should be good and the benifets even better.
    good! get the education, be the best, get a good job at a stealership, be good with your customers, get a repour/reputation, and you`ll make plenty of $$$, good luck!...PR...

"stealership" ......LOL

+1
    I thought about going that route but figured, hey, why not just own the stealership

Talking

Well I have been a watercraft tech for 16years and right now I am working in the orlando area in a dealership and all our lot techs(porters), c techs, parts guys and sales staff, all have gone to MMI. I can tell you that they promise the whole world after you agree you pay them over 20grand. Half of them can't make it in service, so they head out to parts and sales. In my personal opinion it is a waste of money, if you have mechanical knowledge try to find a dealership that will hire you as an apprentice and start there. MMI watercraft course is first boats and stern drives then like only four weeks of pwc.

If you are still interested in studying AMI in Daytona had a pwc course that lasted like three months.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information