Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    north jersey
    Posts
    6,188
    +1
    176

    What jetting?? '00 GPR

    Okay guys. Crunch time. I gotta finish this guy carbs and never want to touch them again.
    00 GPR
    stock airbox
    stock comp.
    stock everythinge except for a dplate and chip.
    Not going with flame arrestors or t handles, ect.
    accel pump stays, even if just as a primer.

    I was going to go with Fercho's jetting, but I am all but certain that it will be too rich with the stock airbox.

    I read on winterstick's thread that the euro ski's that have the dplate stock come with different jetting, but the carbs may be different. that is 92.5/135

    The goal is a stock, reliable ski for cruising. He doesn't care much for top speed. It needs to start, idle and cruise, but be able to not melt if he gives it WOT. He bought it dirt cheap as a quick way to get on the water and explore the hudson.

    I know it's difficuly for some fathom the idea of leaving the stock airbox, but it it what it is.

    What should I do?

    Thanks,

    Mike


  2. #2
    quadzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    LOCH NESS Monster-Land
    Posts
    1,178
    +1
    29

    Exclamation ??????????

    Hey there Addict..

    Can't really help out with the jetting but can confirm 100%
    That all three carbs get fed from the accelerator pump on UK/Euro spec ski's

    Also all gp1200r's in UK/Euro spec came with the d-plate as stock..
    All models of gp1300r's came with catcons in the UK/Europe...

    Gerry

  3. #3
    Robsauto2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, CA.
    Posts
    774
    +1
    7
    Well, I ran my 2000 stock years ago with 120 mains (117.5 is stock), 105 pilots, 95 springs and 1.5 needle/seats, highs 1.5 turns out, low 7/8 turn out and it ran perfect. Make sure you rebuild the fuel pumps.

    I also had a 99 XLT1200, same jetting, and it ran fine also,

  4. #4
    Moderator OsideBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,875
    +1
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by addicted View Post
    Okay guys. Crunch time. I gotta finish this guy carbs and never want to touch them again.
    00 GPR
    stock airbox
    stock comp.
    stock everythinge except for a dplate and chip.
    Not going with flame arrestors or t handles, ect.
    accel pump stays, even if just as a primer.

    I was going to go with Fercho's jetting, but I am all but certain that it will be too rich with the stock airbox.

    I read on winterstick's thread that the euro ski's that have the dplate stock come with different jetting, but the carbs may be different. that is 92.5/135

    The goal is a stock, reliable ski for cruising. He doesn't care much for top speed. It needs to start, idle and cruise, but be able to not melt if he gives it WOT. He bought it dirt cheap as a quick way to get on the water and explore the hudson.

    I know it's difficuly for some fathom the idea of leaving the stock airbox, but it it what it is.

    What should I do?

    Thanks,

    Mike

    Which D-plate? R&D or Riva

  5. #5
    cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    north jersey
    Posts
    6,188
    +1
    176
    Not sure Bill, It was installed by a local shop before I got my hands on it. At least thay got that part right! Does it matter? IS there a way for me to tell?

  6. #6
    cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    north jersey
    Posts
    6,188
    +1
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsauto2 View Post
    Well, I ran my 2000 stock years ago with 120 mains (117.5 is stock), 105 pilots, 95 springs and 1.5 needle/seats, highs 1.5 turns out, low 7/8 turn out and it ran perfect. Make sure you rebuild the fuel pumps.

    I also had a 99 XLT1200, same jetting, and it ran fine also,
    That sounds reasonable. It didn't load up or foul plugs in no wake zones, did it? I assume the accel pump was disabled?

    Thanks
    Last edited by addicted; 08-30-2007 at 08:47 AM.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by addicted View Post
    That sounds reasonable. It didn't load up or foul pluugs in no wake zones, did it?

    Thanks
    I have the same question sorta... I have a 00' GP1200R with a stiner 3 pipe I believe. I need to figure out the carb settings. It doesn't have the D plate obviously. I will eventually go back to the stock pipe but for right now after all the work and money I have had to put into this ski I just want to ride it for a bit. Can anyone give me a rough idea of what the settings should be for the highs and lows..

    Thanks..

  8. #8
    Moderator OsideBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,875
    +1
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by addicted View Post
    Not sure Bill, It was installed by a local shop before I got my hands on it. At least thay got that part right! Does it matter? IS there a way for me to tell?
    R&D is slightly smaller and is preferable on the 1200r but either is better than the cat. No way to tell after installation

  9. #9
    MR. SCOVILLE UNIT SUCKMYWAKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ASTON, PENNSYLVANIA
    Posts
    2,836
    +1
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Waveraider760 View Post
    I have the same question sorta... I have a 00' GP1200R with a stiner 3 pipe I believe. I need to figure out the carb settings. It doesn't have the D plate obviously. I will eventually go back to the stock pipe but for right now after all the work and money I have had to put into this ski I just want to ride it for a bit. Can anyone give me a rough idea of what the settings should be for the highs and lows..

    Thanks..
    125
    110
    1.5
    95GRAM SPRING
    1 1/2 HIGHS
    7/8 LOW
    THATS WHAT I RAN ON MY 1200 AND IT WAS DEAD ON
    A GOOD STARTING POINT
    THIS WAS ALSO WITH FLAME ARRESTORS

  10. #10
    cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    north jersey
    Posts
    6,188
    +1
    176
    Batman the whole problem is that he is keeping the stock airbox. I have been told by a few people that that is too rich for the stock airbox, but is dead on with f/a's.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Found air leak now what 00' GPR
    By TX21 in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-14-2010, 09:41 PM
  2. My $1075.00 Gpr / Trailer
    By jeff007 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-15-2007, 09:07 PM
  3. What ignition for GPR? Weird problem with R-D CDI
    By Robsauto2 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-19-2006, 06:23 AM
  4. Triples What jet in water line? Can I use inserts stingers?
    By philip_gpr in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-01-2006, 05:21 PM
  5. The day SMW's '00 GPR turned itself into an 800
    By J-ME in forum Videos & Pictures
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-24-2005, 12:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •