Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Turbo 15F from downunder

My friend from Australia sent me this last night. I thought you guys might enjoy it. He says the first run they hit 80 second run 86. Ultimate goal is 100. The ski sounds awesome in the Vid

http://www.jetworx.com.au/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

Sounds Great! Wow!

That's exactly what mine sounded at top speed. They sound sick as anything... almost like a jet taking off. He probably has no exhaust after the turbo just a straight pipe.

+1
    strizki, are you using a completly seperate fuel management or piggyback? I have a motec system that I may use, but if I can use a piggy back fuel controller I would rather. I ordered the Turbo (K04), have Ultra Injectors already, I will be aquiring the parts and plan to install this winter or sooner, trying to run into as few snags as possible Did you increase your fuel pressure with the larger injectors or was you fuel pressure sufficient enough? Do you have a fuel gauge? Sorry about the threadjack, There's not much info on 15f turbo's anywhere!
    Last edited by xxx2; 08-30-2007 at 05:25 PM.

I am using a completely separate fuel injection system. I do know someone that has used a piggyback system and that worked fine as well, only issues that would arise there aren't with the fuel system, but with the ignition system. If you are to use a piggyback you need to prop large enough to keep RPMs below the rev limiter. This is fine if you are looking for top speed gain. I am racing closed course so I need to go with a different setup. As far the rest of the fuel system, first I would suggest to get a Kawi 15f service book. It gives all specs and other important info. The fuel pressure is 43psi with the stock pump. I use the bosch turbo fuel regulator with 650cc injectors and stock fuel rail. If you were using the riva kit they change the fuel pump to supply 60psi and not worry about fuel pressure as manifold pressure changes. i.e. you need 1 more psi fuel pressure for every 1 psi of boost. Also you have to remove the stock fuel regulator when doing all this, it is located in the fuel sending unit under the glove compartment. Any questions feel free to ask. Also you are going to need to change pumps if you plan on doing this project.

+1
    I do have a manual,and have a little forced induction knowledge, I don't plan on turning the prop much more than 7500, with no more boost than about 1 to 1.5 bar (not bar guage), I am only concerned with topend speeds only, If the stock pump will process enough water to put me in the mid seventies I will be happy. My plan was to use the stock fuel pump with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator
    Last edited by xxx2; 08-30-2007 at 05:24 PM.

Like I said in another post, at 75mph you will snap the stator veins in the stock pump. I have a picture I can send you to show that. Plus you may want to go to a bigger pump to process more water so you don't kill the low end acceleration. With the stock pump and a ridiculously steep prop is the only way you can keep the RPMs down (which kills bottom end)

+1
    How about the new pump out of the Ultra?

That would probably work fine... to be honest with you I don't know that much about that pump. As far as the size of it (155mm?) it would be fine. I don't know if it bolts up to the 15f pump shoe. If it does all you would really need to do is machine the pump shoe to accommodate the larger pump. Either way if you have to switch to skat or ultra pump you still have to machine the pump shoe. I guess my final question would be how much different is the price of an ultra pump (new) vs. the skat pump.

+1
    This ski is incredible.

The bastard does mid 80's on premium pump fuel and can easily be re-calibrated to run jungle juice with resultant power increase.

The turbo kit is the easiest install I have ever seen on something this exotic. The ecu is potted for water resistance with harness supplied. All the plumbing lines up perfectly and the bracketry for the IC and turbo is excellent. Heaps easier and neater setup than the riva SC kit. The turbo, exhaust and intake plumbing is ceramic coated and the IC is matt bkack. The only welding the installer has to do is the supplied flange on the end of the collector. The entire ex. is water jacketed, including the turbine housing until about 18" from the transom where it injects into the ex. gas to take a bit of bark out of the exhaust note and to avoid exhaust wrap fires. The under seat temp is comparable to stock.

The main things I like about this setup is it's versatility and oem quality fitment. You can dial it to be a mild boost pump gas grudge racer to a full snot racer with a prop/nozzle change, fuel change and a fey keyboard strokes. All the brackets and plumbing are jigged up instead of being hand fabbed individually so shit fits, everytime.

I recon Todd and the team at jet worx have done a killer job!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information