Does anyone run with a bov?

I am just looking at my options for intercoolers and i was wondering if there was a consensus on a bov? If i end up getting the riva intercooler should i get the metal pipes with the bov or block off the bov on the metal piping? Another thing, has anyone done a head to head test with the riva and xs ic? and where do people get the xs from?

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by thewhitewonder86 View Post
    I am just looking at my options for intercoolers and i was wondering if there was a consensus on a bov? If i end up getting the riva intercooler should i get the metal pipes with the bov or block off the bov on the metal piping? Another thing, has anyone done a head to head test with the riva and xs ic? and where do people get the xs from?

the feelings on the BOV are mixed, VERY mixed.....So a search on "BOV" and you will find many threads...

There are a bunch of people running XS on this site, including myself. I have not had any issues with mine...BUT installing an XS is a custom setup, very hands on, not a bolt on kit like the Riva/Piranha/Rotax setups...

To find XS stuff, look on ebay or search the net...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by thewhitewonder86 View Post
    I personally block the BOV off on my Riva intercooler. I also use the Riva mandrel bent aluminum plumbing.

I did a back to back test of the XS IC versus the Riva IC some time back. Do a search and you're bound to come up with the thread.
    The Riva IC out performed the XS in my testing. I was able to get 100 more RPM's with the Riva and throttle response had more snap to it.

Danny did some awesome flow bench work on all the intercoolers and he found that the XS flowed the best. This is not necessarily a good thing as the air moves too quickly thru the intercooler and doesn't have time to cool off as much as it does with the Riva. Also, the XS has a great deal more volume than that of the Riva so thats why throttle response isn't as crisp.
    When you look at the $$$ factor the XS does give great bang for the buck, but if you want the best performer then the Riva is the one to go with.

Thread Information