Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: stereo?

Bruno65

stereo?

is there any way to put a marine stereo in without screwing the ski up? and making it last? i ride out in the ocean off of the cape and would like some tunes when i stop at a beach or for a break?

Quote Originally Posted by bruno65 View Post
    is there any way to put a marine stereo in without screwing the ski up? and making it last? i ride out in the ocean off of the cape and would like some tunes when i stop at a beach or for a break?
    Do a little search, there are some threads on here about those who have installed stereo's.

Bruno65
    all i could find was mp3 players?

+1
    There's a pretty simple way to do this, the only hard part is finding the right speakers, and where to put them.

I recently have added a stereo system to my GP13R using a small 2x 15w 4/8 OHM amp, a cheap MP3, and two 4 inch loudspeakers encased in a custom watertight case I have built. On the amp, there is the universal 3.5 input, (headphone jack) which I'm sure you can find a stereo to run in unison with. The whole system fits snuggly in the watertight hood, only taking up about half it's space. The sound can be heard up to about 40mph until the wind drowns it out, but thats on my two-stroke. When you pull up on the beach, the sound is amazing. The whole system maybe cost me about 55$, and the battery life is extensive @ 20-25 hours, on its own power.

Just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by bruno65 View Post
    Check this..
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4654

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post
    This was the thread that made me want to install a sound system, however, the speakers he suggests are far underpowered. As they may be nice for a budget, and easy to place, the sound just isn't enough, despite where you mount them. The amp works perfectly however, and it's very lightweight making it easy to mount in your ski.

Quote Originally Posted by RX-Pike View Post
    This was the thread that made me want to install a sound system, however, the speakers he suggests are far underpowered. As they may be nice for a budget, and easy to place, the sound just isn't enough, despite where you mount them. The amp works perfectly however, and it's very lightweight making it easy to mount in your ski.

Beleive it or not that 15 watt amp is pretty slick. It is a T amp (digital) not a Class A, AB, C amp.

It will give yo some decent volume.

and what does this have to do with performance?

I also just ordered some waterproof speakers and a marine amp. Ill post pics and tell you how it goes because as much as going ungodly fast is, it is also nice to go on a river ride or chill in the lake or off the coast. It will be interesting to see how "waterproof" the speakers really are and if the spot i think ill mount them will work so they dont get destroyed from the spray.

Bruno65
    sound performance

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information