Angry RXT Speed/RPMs down after flooding - Long story - Need help

Hey everyone,

So I just flooded my RXT/motor for the second time now. This time it was because of a rusted exhaust hose clamp that snapped and sent all exhaust cooling water to be pumped into the hull. I didn't even realize it until the motor rpm just dropped like a rock. So I do the normal fogging and replacing spark plugs with new ones and making sure at least 95% of all oil was removed. The oil this time was even worse than the last time. It looked just like white chocolate. Anyways, after taking care of all that, I ran it on the water to burn off the rest of the water in the left over oil I couldn't pump out. Everything was perfect with the oil now (brand new). Then I replaced the spark plugs with another set of new ones just to be sure everything is good. I then ran it at about 3000rpm for about 10 minutes and then gun'd it. It was relatively flat this morning. Unfortunately, I was only able to get the thing to get up to 7900rpm and about 55mph. Note, this RXT was clocked on GPS at no less than 67+mph even in really choppy water. Top speed on GPS was 70.2mph. Did I put too much oil in there and cause this or maybe a compression problem? Any ideas? It was running at top shape before this second flooding.
    Last edited by c6rvette; 08-30-2007 at 07:52 PM.

+1
    External IC? Water in it? Change oil again! and again.

Nope. No external intercooler.

+1
    Ok, think on this.....when u flooded, did u have to remove plugs from cyls to get wqater out? did water come out and if so did anyone hit the starter or did it run ingesting water? If so find the hole low on comp. and don't run the motor anymore if 1 is low, it will be a bent rod causing piston not to reach tdc. Not the end of the world if thats what it is. But if thats it and u run it, u will vent the crankcase w/ the rod when it goes....being that u ingested water into the engine, I would compression test asap. C6R huh? let's see whatcha got

Thanks for the reply. I am thinking of doing a compression test but I need to get one that will fit the spark plug. I hope it's not a bent rod. The motor was sucking water into the cylinders and that was what caused the hydrolocking that forced me to remove the spark plugs 5 times and turning it over before it would start with the spark plugs screwed in. There was like a gallon of water that came out of the supercharger inlet when I removed the air intake from the supercharger inlet.

Quote Originally Posted by 9secZO6 View Post
    Ok, think on this.....when u flooded, did u have to remove plugs from cyls to get wqater out? did water come out and if so did anyone hit the starter or did it run ingesting water? If so find the hole low on comp. and don't run the motor anymore if 1 is low, it will be a bent rod causing piston not to reach tdc. Not the end of the world if thats what it is. But if thats it and u run it, u will vent the crankcase w/ the rod when it goes....being that u ingested water into the engine, I would compression test asap. C6R huh? let's see whatcha got

Thread Information