Temp Sensor and Buzzer Questions

So I found out from a buddy who I bought this ski from that the buzzewr wiring had been cut before he bought it. So I tore off the bar pad last night and hooked up the buzzer. Now, every time I stop it, like after running, or even just a few turn of the started the buzzer lets out a little chirp, is this as "test" to let me know its still functional or is something wrong? By the way, the ski is a 94 SL650.

Also, the temp sensor has a BROWN wire and according to all I can find it should be connectd on the TAN pole in the electrical box, which goes directly to the buzzer. Is this correct? My assumption is that there is a mechanism that goes to ground when the system overheats and this completes the circuit.

thanks for the help guys (and girls).

Fayette, Maine
    Dave my 92 SL650 does the same thing. When I idle real slow it chirps every once in a while. I just assumed it was low water flow through the motor and temp sensor was sensitive to it. Anyone else????

I'm not sure what is normal operation(if it has a test mode)(I think it would need to be wired to some sort of module). The temp sensor it self is the switch to ground,activates the buzzer when temp reaches a certain point.It could be tested like a t-stat in hot water.On my 96 SL700,the oil level sending unit was also attached to the tan terminal in elec box,could also activate the alarm.

Thread Information