Closed mouth no get fed,...... travelboysteve's Avatar

Has anyone compared jet boats?

Hey guys, looking at getting the wife and I a jet boat. Needs to fit in a 22'6" garage for starters, and I am looking at Yami's and Sea doo's.
    Both have great features, and issues, but I'm torn. I'm not afraid of changing the SC, etc, (see my signature), and the Yami's have their own problems, but I would like a boat that would be OK for mild ocean use, and lakes, wakeboarding, cruising, jamming around, etc.
    What have you guys found to be your "deciding factor" when you purchased your boats?
    All info and opinions are welcome, tell me why you like / dislike your boat(s) and what you may have done differently knowing what you know now.
    Thanks to this forum and it's memebers for all the prior support, my RXP simply hauls a** now Steve

We traded our RXT in for a 07 Utopia. We wanted something that would be comfortable for us and our two young kids. Our garage is just shy of 21' but with the fold away tongue and putting the boat in on an angle it fits. If the Utopia wouldn't have fit I would have looked at the Challanger. The Utopia has 310hp (dual 155hp motors) and has plenty of power for tubing, sking, and getting from point a to point b pretty quick. According to the speedo I get with a half tank of gas ans two adults 49mph. With 4 adults, 2 kids, and a full tank Im still able to get 45mph.

Last edited by DSquare; 08-31-2007 at 03:23 PM.

Closed mouth no get fed,...... travelboysteve's Avatar
    Nice!!!,.....I saw one today in fact,.....I'm leanin' towards the new 08 Yami 212x though,.....it is Pricey,....

Towing with Minivans

I have an 07 odyssey. Just got it a month or so ago. Towing Capacity 3500 lbs. Even with Factory upgraded tranny and steering coolers and factory tow hitch.

There were two 07 jet boats that I could tow with it: C180 & 150 speedster.

I went with the c180 (wife, 2 kids, and lots of family nearby...4 seats on the 150 wouldn't have been enough) and I really enjoy it. I would like another 40-50 hp though

I thought Toyota Sienna had the exact same tow rating. Are you worried about wear to your minivan or unsafe towing conditions? Just wondering. We elected against the utopia because of weight primarily. Nice boat. I would love the extra two feet and large sun deck.
    Last edited by clpsuite; 08-31-2007 at 10:52 PM.

Yes the Sienna also has a 3500lb tow rating. Our ramp we goto is about 2miles from our house. If it were any further I would be concerned. I'm actually surprised on how well the van does tow the boat but I still never would plan any trip with the boat. The van is leased so Im hoping after the lease to get into a something more suited for towing.

cut trailer tongue

I was also really tight on space in my garage. If you need more room or would just like it, get a swing away trailer tongue. If it's not an option, you can have it done someone - hopefully at a trailer man. near you. I had my stock Sea-Doo trailer tongue converted to a swing-away by f.e. trailers for less than $300, and it's great and worth the extra room.

I was the understanding that new to the 07 models was the fold away tongues on the trailer.

Thread Information