Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: stand up

stand up

(IM POSTING THIS HERE ALSO CAUSE KAWASAKI MAKES A STANDUP!)

i have a smaller lake.. and overr the winter i plan to work hard and earn the funds for a new ride.. after thinking for it for a while i decided on a standup. Im 17 and still limber so why not hurt myself now=P

if so what should i look at? what brand and such? yamaha or hydrosport s4, or kawasaki??? whats the difference in all of them? what am i paying more for in one and not getting in the other?

what matters to me is its going to have guts! has power! good for getting air off those huge wakes the wake boats make here!
    so i guess it has to be light..
    whats the best one would you vote? (i also want new)
    i know there is a huge price difference.. from like the hydrospace to the yamaha?? http://www.hydrospace-usa.net/

whats easyer to maintain and cheeper to keep running?? whats more of a fun ride?

i own a 96 spx and what i love about it is getting air, im not afriad or falling off donig something stupid. im not afreaid of doing something stupid=P full speed and turning as hard as i can and see if i can hold on=P
    i know i cant do that on something like a rxp..
    lmao

any opinions...

I dont ride stand ups but I just saw a couple of those hydrospace at the nationals today. They look bad [email protected]# and sound even badder.

i think i decided against the hydrps[ace alreay cause i read a few places its really not ment for just dicking around...

Hey holmes, standup rydas be representin ya know. Aight if you want a freestyle ski I'd go for a superjet. If you want a easier to ryde ski go for a Kawasaki. If you want to talk to people who know lots about standups go to www.pwctoday.com and don't listen to eheir hate on couches, well listen to some of it.....but in my opinion you either gotta ryde standups or have insanely modded sitdowns, or ryde in the surf. Anything else is just got crackaz and hoes. Anyway I love my superjet it's a '91 squarenose cause I'm poor but lemme tell you, it is amazingly fun. In any case check out www.pwctoday.com

Quote Originally Posted by K2snowman View Post
    Hey holmes, standup rydas be representin ya know. Aight if you want a freestyle ski I'd go for a superjet. If you want a easier to ryde ski go for a Kawasaki. If you want to talk to people who know lots about standups go to www.pwctoday.com and don't listen to eheir hate on couches, well listen to some of it.....but in my opinion you either gotta ryde standups or have insanely modded sitdowns, or ryde in the surf. Anything else is just got crackaz and hoes. Anyway I love my superjet it's a '91 squarenose cause I'm poor but lemme tell you, it is amazingly fun. In any case check out www.pwctoday.com
    whats the big difference between the yammi and the kawi?

Quote Originally Posted by ryan*9 View Post
    whats the big difference between the yammi and the kawi?
    I will answer it wronng probably, but I'll try my best. I've never ridden a Kawi. But If what I was told is true (yamaha-freestyle, kawi-race) than the yamaha probably has more holeshot, and horsepower. The Kawis are more stable I've heard. Apparently the Yamaha engines have more power. The Yamaha hull is more oriented at freestyle as well I've heard. Freestyle Kawis haev new hulls....I mean like if you're really good and really want a freestyle Kawi. You would be plenty happy with either I'm sure. But I'd go with a superjet. How much you wanna spend anyway?

I will answer it wronng probably, but I'll try my best. I've never ridden a Kawi. But If what I was told is true (yamaha-freestyle, kawi-race) than the yamaha probably has more holeshot, and horsepower. The Kawis are more stable I've heard. Apparently the Yamaha engines have more power. The Yamaha hull is more oriented at freestyle as well I've heard. Freestyle Kawis haev new hulls....I mean like if you're really good and really want a freestyle Kawi. You would be plenty happy with either I'm sure. But I'd go with a superjet. How much you wanna spend anyway?
    price doesnt matter.. i dont mind waiting long and paying more to get something better!!

KAWI 800 SX-R
    Starting at 5 999
    (is it jsut my comp or does the red one look alot smaller??
    Engine Type Two-stroke, two-cylinder with crankcase reed valve induction
    Displacement 781 cc
    Bore and Stroke 82.0 x 74.0 mm
    Compression Ratio 7.2:1
    Cooling system Inducted water
    Carburetion Twin BN40 Mikuni
    Ignition Digital DC-CDI
    Lubrication Pre-Mix
    Starting Electric
    Propulstion System Jet pump, axial-flow, single stage
    Maximum Thrust 699 lb.
    Overall Length 90.6 in.
    Overall Width 28.7 in.
    Overall Height 28.9 in.
    Dry Weight 351 lb.
    Fuel Capacity 5.0 gal.

YAMI SUPERJET
    *Starting at $6,699

Engine Type 2-Cylinder, 2-Stroke
    Bore/Stroke 81mm x 68mm
    Displacement 701cc
    Fuel Regular Unleaded
    Type of Intake Reed Valve
    Type of Scavenging Loop-Charged
    Type of Exhaust Wet
    Type of Lubrication Pre-Mixed Oil and Gas
    Mixing Ratio 50:1
    Cooling Water
    Starting Electric
    Ignition Analog
    Compression Ratio 7.2:1
    Carburetor/Injection (2) Mikuni Super BN 38
    Spark Advance 6°
    Ignition Timing 15° BTDC - 21° BTDC
    park Plug NGK B7HS/BR7HS
    Pump 144mm Axial Flow
    Transmission Direct Drive From Engine
    Impeller 3-Blade, Aluminum (13/16 pitch)
    Length 88.2” (2.24m)
    Width 26.8” (.68m)
    Height 26” (.66m)
    Dry Weight 291 lb (132 kg)
    Fuel Capacity 4.8 gal (18 L)
    Reserve Fuel Capacity 1.45 gal (5.5 L)
    Vehicle Capacity 1 person
    Hull Material SMC (Sheet Molded Compound)
    Warranty 1 year limited warranty
    Color Atomic Blue

those prices are americian but im in canada.. lol
    from what i see the kawi is alot heavyer and does have a bigger motor then the yami.. but is on 2" all around bigger right??

Ok you work at EBgames so saving will probably take a while. You need to just go buy a standup right now and enjoy it. Buy a roundnose superjet (like 95 or later, maybe it's 96 I can't remember...getting late). Then upgrade it. Or buy one that's already tricked out. Just buy one and enjoy it, trust me you don't need the best right now to start off on. I used to always think that but with a standup they are all sooo f*ckin fun. Just go buy one and ryde it you will be soo happy.

Ok you work at EBgames so saving will probably take a while. You need to just go buy a standup right now and enjoy it. Buy a roundnose superjet (like 95 or later, maybe it's 96 I can't remember...getting late). Then upgrade it. Or buy one that's already tricked out. Just buy one and enjoy it, trust me you don't need the best right now to start off on. I used to always think that but with a standup they are all sooo f*ckin fun. Just go buy one and ryde it you will be soo happy.
    haha right now im dirt poor!
    ill get another job and work on the funds. maybe even take a parent loan or something=P
    when we were looking for a seadoo to replace the spx we had alot of problems finding any jetskis in our area.. thats one big reason im turned off with geetting used cause we can never anyclose.. we would need to pick it up (no paying for shipping lol)
    roundnose?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information