Got Jerry's washers today...

So i got the washers and put them in today. Has anyone else had any trouble with the sc tool being too flimsy? I had to use an impact wrench in bursts to get the end nut off and then to put it back on as well. With my torque wrench the tool just kept on bending and slipping off the lock washer. Anyways all went well and i gained about 150 rpms from before. last time at the lake i was able to hit 67.4 mph bone stock with the ride plate holes filled at 7600-7650 more like 7600 though. Today it was up to a more constant 7800 rpm and i hit 69.1 on the gps. I also sanded the ride plate holes better this morning and did the reverse bucket mod but i was very pleased to get some of my lost rpms back and a higher top speed. The lake was glass today.

Yes we have had some problems with the tool. Some people have made their own on here by grinding down a 1 inch open end wrench untill it fits.

What ski are you talking about here? If its a rxp or rxt your down 300 rpms which is a lot of speed.

+1
    Heat the nut up to break the loc tite loose and the tool works great.

The tools are way too flimsy though. I will have the solid heavy duty tools available in the online store next week.
    Been waiting on these for a long time

Quote Originally Posted by ReDevilRXP View Post
    Yes we have had some problems with the tool. Some people have made their own on here by grinding down a 1 inch open end wrench untill it fits.

What ski are you talking about here? If its a rxp or rxt your down 300 rpms which is a lot of speed.
    I am down and i know it. I should be running a higher rpm but i bought it used and the i have ridden it for a couple of weeks and it was at most 7650 rpm but then today it was up from when i got it. Im sure i will be able to get those rpms back that i should have it will just be me looking to find out where they went, ie wear ring/ impeller stuff like that. But the washers gave me 150 rpms back that i should have had before.

Thread Information