Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I want a raider

I want a raider

Hi All!!
    i recently left a soft relationship with a Polaris 780 SLX that ended up having a blown engine. I got my money back from selling it and am now interested in a waveraider.

I am just looking for any general info on the ski that I can find. My budget is small, and I think a raider would be a good fit. What can you telll me about this ski both good and bad that would help me out?

You might wanna check with Dent wizard he was selling a 95 1100 raider w/trailer for $2000.00

Quote Originally Posted by MIAMI 1300 View Post
    You might wanna check with Dent wizard he was selling a 95 1100 raider w/trailer for $2000.00
    thanks! i just posted it yesterday and i have more pics if needed.

I saw the post for it, but he's in Florida and I am in Houston. It is a sweet ski though.

re: I want a raider

Hi, my first post here so thanks..

I have an '95 1100 which I bought it this year at 100 hours. No problems so far. I like the ski, but it is my first and I have ridden some newer skis that are different (hard to say better, but you know what I mean..)
    1. The biggest complaint I have about the ski is the bow spray. That is an issue I am trying to work out. Yes, I know the point is to get wet, but unless very calm conditions you do get sprayed. At this point, I think the best way to deal with this issue is with goggles of some kind. I wear glasses, and sometimes they get pretty soaked.
    2. The next is probably the smoke. But, everyone tells me that the smoke is one of the reasons they last soi lon. Just whre I launch from it is about 10-15 minutes of no wake zone so it is a pretty smoky ride and sometimes people think you are about to break down. I have had a few looks of concern or funny comments.. Man, if someone reads this and know better about the smoke or a way to rwedude, if it really is good, etc. Please let me know!
    3. Perhaps I am too much of an engineer, but I get about 2.5 gallons of fuel per hour. And about 9 hours per gallon of oil. Not sure if that is good or bad.
    4. Storage - There is not much! But they are ways around it. I have enough room to carry what I need.
    5. Top speed on mine is around 65 mph with calm conditions (but they say the speedos are about 10 mph off). It is fast enough for me right now..
    6. Can be a bumpy ride , and it is quick to bite in (but maybe I am just new to it..)
    7. There is too much good about it to go into, but here are a few things - fast, starts everytime, suppose to last forever, etc.

Have about 145 hours on it now, and still going strong! I bought it for about what NADA lists it for and it is a very clean raider. All in all I am quite happy!
    Last edited by WaveRaider; 09-04-2007 at 05:05 PM. Reason: found a typo.. lol

Great info.....THANKS!!!

My biggest concern is the hull biting. Yea falling off is fun, but my wife among other friends will be riding the ski and it would be just my luck for me to buy one and then have the wife hate it because she gets beat up all the time.

re: I want a raider

I would not worry about the hull biting. I have fallen off a few times, but nothing major and normally when I do something stupid.. or fun.. It can be a bumpy ride in my opinion, and smooth conditions are the best for the raider if speed is what you want. However, I was out in 3-5 foot waves the other day and had a blast. Sometimes on some turns it does bite in and turn fast or slide, but normally it happens when I am prepared for anything and being more agressive. Have had no probems when my wife (who might kill me if I threw us off) rides with me. We also would never attempt anything larger than 6" waves with her riding too

The `95 `96 1100 Yamaha WaveRaiders are always compared to early `70`s Muscle cars, they were very fast for their day In a drag-race straight line, but they had some handling quirks.

These quirks can easily be overcome, and a riding skill does need to be learn`t and mastered, >> but this is all the fun about taming this Beast!

After-market Sponsons will help a great deal..... >> I have Beach House Express Sponsons which work great on my ski, other guys may have different opinions, > which is cool......

I ride on the Colorado River which is right on the border of Cali and Arizonia, and I LOVE to "Drag-Race" against all the new skiis and anything else that wants to Blast Down the Straight.......!

I win some....... but I loose more......>> Thats Why I Read and Listen to The Guru`s here....>> Because they Know their Technical Stuff.......

Extended Nozzles and performance ride plates will help you get better ride quality also.....

Thanks for the additional info Catrunner!

I am still hunting for one and I thought people would be selling their skis after labor day, but it is hasn't happened yet.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information