Help! Broken t fitting on 951 Carb pump

I think I am in deep doo doo. I cracked the plastic fuel tee of the pump body (of the pump body of the mikuni Super BN46 I 951 carb) on the mikuni Super BN46 I 951 carb while removing the oeteker clamp.

Can I replace it or did I scrap the piece? Where can I get another one? Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by Skripo View Post
    I think I am in deep doo doo. I cracked the plastic fuel tee of the pump body (of the pump body of the mikuni Super BN46 I 951 carb) on the mikuni Super BN46 I 951 carb while removing the oeteker clamp.

Can I replace it or did I scrap the piece? Where can I get another one? Any other ideas?

Thanks.

YOu have to replace the part no way around it Ive been down the road before and it sucks. The part list for 120.00 but Im a Seadoo dealer and can get it for you to cost 90.00 shipped. Let me know if I can help. JOJO

it can be fixed
    take off the carbs
    that t is pressed in but it can be removed by twisting it, once its out remove the brass peice from the plastic, it almost looks as though it has a thread but its not, now go to an auto parts store a buy a brass 1/4" T with the removable middle piece (it unscrews)
    screw in your original brass fitting and solder it and push it back on with loctite

I ended up doing this, but a little differently. I drilled out and tapped to accept a 1/4" tee, be carefull not to drill it out too much the orifice is reduced twice with sleeves. Start with a regualr 5/16 tap that does not have too much of a nose on it becasue it will bottom out and not even start the threads. Then cut the tap just before it goes to the widest point and retap to get as deep as possible.I applied Loctitte 292 Anerobic Gasket sealent to the fitting and screwed it in.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skripo View Post
    I ended up doing this, but a little differently. I drilled out and tapped to accept a 1/4" tee, be carefull not to drill it out too much the orifice is reduced twice with sleeves. Start with a regualr 5/16 tap that does not have too much of a nose on it becasue it will bottom out and not even start the threads. Then cut the tap just before it goes to the widest point and retap to get as deep as possible.I applied Loctitte 292 Anerobic Gasket sealent to the fitting and screwed it in.
    I know this is an old thread but I just repaired mine the same way, got a brass three way, ran a 5/16 x 24 die over the lower tee section (all three were barbed at my hardware store), I put lithium grease on a 1/4 drill bit a slowly drilled where the plastic one was until I got to the bottom sleeve, put some lithium on a 5/16 tap and threaded it. Worked like a charm and I did it without removing the carb.

Thread Information