What do Ya'll think

Below is an ad for a 1998 SeaDoo XP Limited that I am interested in. I haven't gone to look at it yet, but I wanted ya'lls opinion on it.

1998 Seadoo XP limited with trailer in great cosmetic condition. Last used in 2006. This last summer I cleaned the carb, new fuel lines, new battery, and new spark plugs and tune up. Having trouble getting it started again this year. Needs work on the engine. I am not sure what exactly needs to be fixed but the starter still turns the engine. Good project for someone who knows how to fix it. Title for the seadoo on hand and registered until 2008, but the title for the trailer has a lean from a bank that does not exist any more so I had trouble transferring it. Both have been completely paid off. Great ski to have, when it is running it goes up to 65mph. extras: seadoo cover, life jackets. Need to sell fast and will take any reasonable offer. Sold as is $1000 cash obo.

I will check the compression if I go look at it. What should the compression be?

+1
    Compression should be 150 plus. But its its lower then 120 u should do a topend on it or try to get it to turn over. Pour some oil in the plugs let it sit in there for a while maybe once it turns over and heats up it will bring the compression up some. I would also try to dump some gas in the carbs and see if it turns over might just need a carb rebuild. I would try to get it for a lower price i always never pay what they are asking. Also as far as the trailer just get it weight and say its homemaid if u do get it. good luck

Quote Originally Posted by mattb2179 View Post
    Below is an ad for a 1998 SeaDoo XP Limited that I am interested in. I haven't gone to look at it yet, but I wanted ya'lls opinion on it.

1998 Seadoo XP limited with trailer in great cosmetic condition. Last used in 2006. This last summer I cleaned the carb, new fuel lines, new battery, and new spark plugs and tune up. Having trouble getting it started again this year. Needs work on the engine. I am not sure what exactly needs to be fixed but the starter still turns the engine. Good project for someone who knows how to fix it. Title for the seadoo on hand and registered until 2008, but the title for the trailer has a lean from a bank that does not exist any more so I had trouble transferring it. Both have been completely paid off. Great ski to have, when it is running it goes up to 65mph. extras: seadoo cover, life jackets. Need to sell fast and will take any reasonable offer. Sold as is $1000 cash obo.

I will check the compression if I go look at it. What should the compression be?

count on doing the top end at least. Great machine but prone to water ingestion which causes the piston skirt to collapse and eventually break. play it safe if you buy it and tear the motor down.

That may be a little more than I am looking to get into at this point. I am hoping for a good end-of-season deal so I'll probably just keep looking.

It turns out that the phone number on the ad was a wrong number so the whole thing is probably a BS deal anyway.

Thread Information