Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TOWING I did some research

Ok I know the "BOOK" tells you it cant be done unless you pinch of a certain hose yadda yadda yadda //// these are closed looped cooling systems and the only lake water that is used is for the i/c ... if you are towing a ski from the front how does water get in and UP the REAR exst. port?????????????? i DID MY OWN research on this and talked to a few reputable sources and called BRP themselves .. I towed my RXP @ 10 hrs last summer all with no issues .. It is MY and others belief that the only way water would get in is if you were towing the ski backwards .. i am installing a flap like device ..sorta like a kirby inside your toilet bowl tank on my exsht. port so I will never have to worry about it again .... YA JUST WHAT I WANAN DO WHEN I BREAK DOWN IN THE OCEAN WITH WAVES CRASHING .TAKE MY SEAT OFF AND PINCH A HOSE OFF YAAAAAAAAAAA RITE!!!!! Regardless The one tech at BRP even admitted it is basically impossible for water to get back in the motor if you towed it from the front ... He explained that the only way it MAY fill up is if your BOAT was anchorened in current and you tied your ski off of the boat BACKWARDS and it was left to sit in the current BACKWORDS .. HE said my flap was a great idea .. also i talked to quite a few major seadoo shops NONE have reported a ski taking on water from towing .. Well if anyone wants pics of my flap when i get it done ill send them to you ...

interesting

send them so i see them on : info@futuretech-malta.com

Thanks crazed,

I'd like to see how you rig up the flap as well. Geeze, where were you and how far out caused you to have 10 hours of tow time?

Now when i put the @ I ment it to mean approx total tow time all last summer ..LOL .. When i was in the Coast guard however 10 hrs out was a normal clamming vessel search and rescue case ... God I could not imagine being out that far with my ski ... BTW the flap is going to be lik ethe same that are on tractor trailor exshausts or scarab sunsation type racing boats just like the flao inside the toilet tank in our homes if there is no pressure pushing open it will be clsoed ....this will eliminate having to worry about taking seat off and clamping stuff .. for your Info this in itself is an overkill and really isnt needed after i did my research it is almost IMPOSSIBLE for water to get in just by towing .. it even says in our manuals if we cant close the hose tow it slowly in other words they are just covering there BUTTS in the owners manuals ... Skis have come a long way older xp and what not needed to be clamped not ours ..

+1
    As I see it, the ski would have to be anchored backwards in a whitewater rageing river before any water could back up thru the exhaust sysyem. The water would swamp the ski first ! That section of the manual that tells you to clamp the intake hose is just a carry over from the old 2-stroke manuals that no one had enough sense to delete.

Richard

THANK YOU !!!!! like i said the one tech i been emailing and talking to from BRP is saying basically it is IMPOSSIBLE ...

+1
    I wonder why they ask you to pinch the hose off in the manual then?

+1
    They probably say that for liability purposes. IF water were to get in the engine that would be the only avenue. If you pinch it then there would be no worst case scenario.

I understand your logic about the flap Crazed, but how about just having a plug and keep it in your glove box, tool box, where ever and when the shit hits the fan, all you have to do is pop in the plug. That way there is no restriction whatsoever during operation time.

So Crazed, do you have any pics of this flap

Hey great idea with the plug pain .. Joe I dont.. Im going to my local boating supply store to get it today I may just do the plug now ... Instead of installing a flap ... either ill post some pics .. Yes the only reason it ios in the manual is for liabilty purposes and that is how its been done since seadoos were built so i guess they figure just keep typing it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information