Website may not be suitable for small children WOT's Avatar

Green Charger Results (RXT)

Ok, I put the Green Wheel on and 2 shims to get to 105 in-lbs slip. Took it out today at the lake: 90 air, 87 water, 47% humidity. The lake was so rough I could barely get a single good GPS run. I tried about 15 times, but it was at the point to where I couldn't read the GPS because I was bouncing so hard (mine doesn't have peak hold). Needless to say, I couldn't even get close to doing a superman position.

But, I did get a solid 66.8 sitting/standing with it coming unhooked every 5-10 seconds (and would bang the limiter). RPM's were 8100 - 8140 (while it was hooked). My prior best in the heat was 65.9 in the superman position.

So, I'm guessing with smooth water and superman position, I could get another .5 - .8 mph out of it. Plus, I will likely pitch the prop back to 8000 rpm in the heat, so that it will be perfect once it cools down. That means the Green Wheel is probably worth 1.0 - 1.8 mph with no other mods.

The midrange is definitely better as well. It's definitely quicker from 30-60 than it was before.

Tonight, I will fill the rideplate holes and mount the skegs. I filled the rideplate holes and added the pump wedge to wife's Ultra 250, but haven't tested it yet. Tomorrow, the race it on. I want to make sure that the Doo doesn't disappoint.

+1
    Spank her good. Uhhh, her ski that is...
    You can always drop the RXT off the trailer, that should be good for 1 mph...

I have a Green charger ,custom 4" air filter, Riva exhaust ,intake grate and solas 14/17 repitched prop on my RXT.

My max speed I got up to 67.3 on 100 fahernheit air 96 fahrenheit water 8100-8120 rpm.

try it on flat I think you will get up to 67.9-68 even though you have a stock ski.
    Last edited by MoTeC_Master; 09-01-2007 at 11:34 PM. Reason: mods

THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    +1
    in the heat and at the end of the day with 2 bars of fuel 4in intake, power pipe and re's i pulled a 68.5mph run

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by superduty View Post
    in the heat and at the end of the day with 2 bars of fuel 4in intake, power pipe and re's i pulled a 68.5mph run
    Hmmm Nubian eh? not bad Jedi....

THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    +1
    i hope that green wheel will get me to 70

Quote Originally Posted by WOT View Post
    Ok, I put the Green Wheel on and 2 shims to get to 105 in-lbs slip. Took it out today at the lake: 90 air, 87 water, 47% humidity. The lake was so rough I could barely get a single good GPS run. I tried about 15 times, but it was at the point to where I couldn't read the GPS because I was bouncing so hard (mine doesn't have peak hold). Needless to say, I couldn't even get close to doing a superman position.

But, I did get a solid 66.8 sitting/standing with it coming unhooked every 5-10 seconds (and would bang the limiter). RPM's were 8100 - 8140 (while it was hooked). My prior best in the heat was 65.9 in the superman position.

So, I'm guessing with smooth water and superman position, I could get another .5 - .8 mph out of it. Plus, I will likely pitch the prop back to 8000 rpm in the heat, so that it will be perfect once it cools down. That means the Green Wheel is probably worth 1.0 - 1.8 mph with no other mods.

The midrange is definitely better as well. It's definitely quicker from 30-60 than it was before.

Tonight, I will fill the rideplate holes and mount the skegs. I filled the rideplate holes and added the pump wedge to wife's Ultra 250, but haven't tested it yet. Tomorrow, the race it on. I want to make sure that the Doo doesn't disappoint.
    What lake were you riding?

Quote Originally Posted by 05GTXLTD View Post
    What lake were you riding?
    Lewisville.

I put the skegs on, but filled the ride plate holes with Right Stuff -- bad idea. The ski lost 4 mph!!!

After riding for maybe 10 minutes, the right stuff didn't stay in place and was hanging down out of the holes all half pulled out and stuck all over the bottom of the plate around the holes. I jumped into the water and pulled as much of it out with my fingers as I could and picked up 3-4 mph. I'm going to clean everything up and fill the ride plate holes with epoxy. I just got into a hurry and since I was using Right Stuff to seal my intake grate, I just kinda went crazy with the stuff. Plus, I really didn't even let it dry completely before I had it in the water. It didn't workout very well.

But, as a lesson learned it is interesting to note that the condition/smoothness of the rideplate, intake grate, and hull is worth some serious speed!

All that Right Stuff hanging down from my rideplate killed 4 mph.

Results are in!

OK, the results are in:

I cleaned up the ride pate silicon/RTV fiasco I did last week. I used a dremel with the little wire brush attachment. It cleaned all the stuck on Right Stuff RTV in about 10 minutes. I had first tried razor blades and scraping, etc to no avail. The dremel just buzzed it right off down to shiny metal.

Anyway, I epoxied the ride plate holes, ground the intake grate flush with the ride plate with a 9" 2HP body grinder and sealed everything up real nice-like and then sanded everything smooth.

68.0 mph on GPS. The wifes Ultra: 67.1. Oh yeah baby, the RXT rips a new ass!! Let the spanking begin!

Thread Information