how do you flip over a?...

Is there a certain direction or rotation (right or left) if you have to flip over the 250X Kawi?...

my friend sucked up a rope, YUP! it wrapped around the driveshaft tight as balls , we had to flip the ski up on it`s side to cut out the rope with a filet knife and needlenose pliers. when all was said and done, I couln`t believe the amount of water in the hull...

what would have been or is the proper way to flip ski?...PR...

Just a H-20 HO....Need I say More! Mykull's Avatar
    Hey PR...clockwise is the way to flip it. Did it have a sticker on the back of the hull sayin which way? After looking at afew of my friends Ultras, they all have a warning sticker, but on mine they must have been asleep and forgot it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mykull View Post
    Hey PR...clockwise is the way to flip it. Did it have a sticker on the back of the hull sayin which way? After looking at afew of my friends Ultras, they all have a warning sticker, but on mine they must have been asleep and forgot it.
    no sticker, but ooopps! flipped it the wrong way , counter clockwise, damn... we pumped out the water with a stand alone bilge pump and battery, the owner cranked up the engine and took off, so I guess no water got into the intake, huh!!!...PR...

Um....If the Ski is capsized you rotate it clockwise

But it's my understanding if you need to put it on it's side to do what your saying I think your supposed to keep the left side down, so rotate it counter-clockwise!

I think you ended up doing it the proper way. And I don't think you'll prevent water from getting into the hull, just making sure the water in the exhaust does NOT back flow into cylinder head and into the cylinder with the exhaust valve open....

+1
    let me get this straight.
    you ran over a ski rope then rolled ski over in the water to get the rope off the prop?
    next time you should tow it to shore and do it on land or even better just load it onto the trailer and take the rope off then....
    My G/F ran over a ski rope last summer with my sea-doo and it took me a long time to cut it free from the prop shaft. I figured out a trick, while laying under the ski on the trailer to burn the rope and it would tighten and i could slice thru the rope easier.

Quote Originally Posted by john07ex View Post
    let me get this straight.
    you ran over a ski rope then rolled ski over in the water to get the rope off the prop?
    next time you should tow it to shore and do it on land or even better just load it onto the trailer and take the rope off then....
    My G/F ran over a ski rope last summer with my sea-doo and it took me a long time to cut it free from the prop shaft. I figured out a trick, while laying under the ski on the trailer to burn the rope and it would tighten and i could slice thru the rope easier.
    first: not my ski but a friend who was riding with us, it was his call. we did tow it to shore, rolled it over in the water where we can stand and hold it into position. Cut out the rope that was wrapped around the driveshaft and hooked onto blade of prop.
    I think the majority of the water came in thru the seat seal, there`s no way water came in thru someplace else in less than knee deep waters...PR...

+1
    I believe if you rolled it over counter clockwise the water came from the exhaust inlet.
    I wasnt giving you a hard time i just wanted to make sure i understood what you did to fill the boat with water.

Quote Originally Posted by john07ex View Post
    I believe if you rolled it over counter clockwise the water came from the exhaust inlet.
    I wasnt giving you a hard time i just wanted to make sure i understood what you did to fill the boat with water.
    no worries man, just explaining what happened, thanks for the reply!
    I do know there isn`t a label on the back of the ski, nor did the owner know what to do, I laughed and asked didn`t you read the owners manual? ...PR...

I'm sure it was from around the seat, or even through the hull vent holes under the rear seat?

The exhaust outlet shouldn't let water into the hull unless one of the hoses came un-done.

Be careful tipping the craft over too, in the future lol, the oil from the pan will back flow through the catch can system and end up in the intake....What a mess that is let me tell you haha

Thread Information