Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Results!

New Results!

So I have been down at Broken Bow Lake this weekend is southeastern Oklahoma. Yesterday with full handling I was able to run 72.9 mph on the buzzer. I think I fouled my plugs by running too much fuel on the low end though so I am going to pick up a couple of new ones today.

Today I plan to run 800 grate, no tabs, .955ish on the ride plate angle. 73 74 anyone

+1

Talking

Dammit!!!!!!

Perhaps 75ish when it gets colder.

+1
    How much angle were you running on your plate? Did you have a 1200 grate on? You should be able to get it there if your plate was at .800 or so.

Why don'y you leave the tabs on ( even space them .060") and go 1.00 to 1.10 on the plate with the 800 grate? It will handle a lot better and you will get your speed.

Once you start getting to the high 70's you will need to readjust your plate. I had 1.10 on my 1200 that went 77.8 that had an 800 grate and stock sponsons stepped too. So every ski is different, but you can get a lot until you find the limit.

+1
    woo-hoo ! I'm anxious to hear the results bruh !

Well I did some adjusting this morning and went out. It was looking good. 72 mph with a full tank of gas. 800 Grate, 1.1xx angle, tabs flat against the hull, no bounce.

I was at 3/4 tank doing 72.8 then I start hearing a squeeking noise! I thought strange. It then stopped squeeking so I made another pass and only was able to pull 69 mph. So I ride back over to my parents boat and say I think there is something up. So I put a little and bam! It turns off and won't crank.

So fast forward through out the day which still ended up being good. I removed the head and the middle cylinder piston is toast. Head is roughed up a little, not bad though. The piston is at the top and it won't crank so I have no idea about the cylinder it self.

Anyways this just puts me on the fast route to a 1390 setup. Looks like the next time I go WOT on this ski it is going to pull 75+ for sure

So any info on 1390 stuff would be a BIG help. Thanks.

Oh and I bet I could have hit 74 today if I didn't have issues. It was perfect out.

+1

Smile

I would give Lowell a call on Tuesday.

I don't have pics yet, but I will put some up tomorrow night for sure when I get home.

Any idea what could have happened? That cylinder looks to be running leaner than the other cylinders but then again when I did a plug chop at wot every cylinder looked rich. So I don't think that was the problem. Maybe a bearing went out? Who knows.... lol! Such a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
    Anyways this just puts me on the fast route to a 1390 setup. Looks like the next time I go WOT on this ski it is going to pull 75+ for sure

So any info on 1390 stuff would be a BIG help. Thanks.
    Sorry to see a cylinder let go , I know how much work you have been putting into this. Your numbers were looking good. If you go BB, you will not be disappointed. After spending time riding with Ross and his 1390, all I can say is that it's a different world...

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorcountry View Post
    Sorry to see a cylinder let go , I know how much work you have been putting into this. Your numbers were looking good. If you go BB, you will not be disappointed. After spending time riding with Ross and his 1390, all I can say is that it's a different world...
    Yea it kinda sucks. I was hoping to see how far I could get on the stock cylinders and pistons. I hadn't even done a keyway, head, or sonic booms. I am sure I could have cleared 76mph with that stuff.

Oh well now maybe I will clear 80mph and have one hell of a low and mid range. I want it to pull like a sport bike! lol

+1
    same thing happened to me sat...#2 rod to crank bearing http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37500 bb

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information