Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: digital wrench

David

digital wrench

Hi!

Where is the digital wrench connected when you perform a check?

PPU?
    SIFB?
    one connectors of Ecu?

Thanks!

David
    no-one knows???

I am almost sure that I read that it plugs into the ECU (Engine Control Unit)...but I cannot find anything in the service manual backing me up. I am stopping by the Polaris dealer today, and I will find out your answer!

David
    Thanks for your help, I wait for your answer, wiring will be helpfull.

David.

The digital wrench connects to a plug just off the ecu. The digital wrench program itself will show you where to hook it up. You have to have several special Cables that have to be purchased thru Polaris. They are not available to the public

"PU-47102 MSX150 INTERFACE CABLE ADAPTER
    This adapter must be used with the PU-47151 Interface
    Cable to diagnose the MSX 110/150 models."

This is straight from page 54 of the SPX Kent-Moore tool catalog for Polaris products. This part does not come with the Digital Wrench kit (although the PU-47151 Interface Cable is part of the kit). The way I see it, as long as my local Polaris dealer wants to charge $80 minimum just to read my MSX 150 trouble codes, the cost of the Digital Wrench kit will be paid for by the sixth non-visit! And if the software does all that it promises, step-by-step diagnostics, repair instructions (with photos), and electrical diagrams keyed to the specific problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Road View Post
    "PU-47102 MSX150 INTERFACE CABLE ADAPTER

This adapter must be used with the PU-47151 Interface
    Cable to diagnose the MSX 110/150 models."

This is straight from page 54 of the SPX Kent-Moore tool catalog for Polaris products. This part does not come with the Digital Wrench kit (although the PU-47151 Interface Cable is part of the kit). The way I see it, as long as my local Polaris dealer wants to charge $80 minimum just to read my MSX 150 trouble codes, the cost of the Digital Wrench kit will be paid for by the sixth non-visit! And if the software does all that it promises, step-by-step diagnostics, repair instructions (with photos), and electrical diagrams keyed to the specific problem...
    Very true Rocky but why do you think the Dealer has to charge the $80 to hook it up?? You cannot buy the software and cables from SPX Kent-Moore. They are only available only to Polaris Dealers with a Polaris Dealer Number and are propritary, and require a serial number that puts the Dealership at vunerablity if given out.
    The software and all the cables that we have to buy just to diagnose an issue are very $$$$$. The software is VERY Detailed and not that easy to use, and still requries a download thru Polaris DEALER only website to update ECU's

+1
    Prochamp
    I beg to differ on some of your statements

(Very true Rocky but why do you think the Dealer has to charge the $80 to hook it up?? You cannot buy the software and cables from SPX Kent-Moore. They are only available only to Polaris Dealers with a Polaris Dealer Number and are propritary, and require a serial number that puts the Dealership at vunerablity if given out.
    The software and all the cables that we have to buy just to diagnose an issue are very $$$$$. The software is VERY Detailed and not that easy to use, and still requries a download thru Polaris DEALER only website to update ECU's )

Wrench originaly were only available to dealers in the early release days .Now that some of the dealers aren't that interested in dealing with the dreaded Injected ski's the wrench is available if you hunt for it .The cables etc aren't very expensive as far as tech gear goes .The main issues are that many techs whom have access to the wrench don't know how to diagnose the ski's correctly ,or don't care .The software ,I find is very user friendly compared to the earlier version of the injected diagnostics available .Ecu's are now very easy to get with the latest updates and improvements installed and the turn around time is very good and the cost is below $350.
    So I suppose if people want to believe that things havent changed since the death of PWC Polaris you'll continue to get your $80 for something that only takes a few minutes to diagnose, if you know what your doing

Bernie

Quote Originally Posted by prochamp View Post
    Very true Rocky but why do you think the Dealer has to charge the $80 to hook it up?? You cannot buy the software and cables from SPX Kent-Moore. They are only available only to Polaris Dealers with a Polaris Dealer Number and are propritary, and require a serial number that puts the Dealership at vunerablity if given out.
    The software and all the cables that we have to buy just to diagnose an issue are very $$$$$. The software is VERY Detailed and not that easy to use, and still requries a download thru Polaris DEALER only website to update ECU's
    All this makes sense, and is capitalism at work and doing fine...until you factor in the FACT that the one, and only, local Polaris dealer in my neck of the woods has pretty much written off us poor Polaris PWC owners. Got an ATV?..great, than move around that PWC owner and get to the front of the line! It is bad enough that Polaris has abandoned the ski market...they should consider the plight of those of us that supported them in their heyday, and still have the need for decent, and affordable, customer service. They should refine their Digital Wrench software to cover specific PWC models only, and offer ANY Polaris PWC owner the opportunity to own the tool(s) necessary to keep their skis running. Maybe they read these forums....

David
    Thanks for your answers, but I want the wiring if possible, as the Bosch motronic 7.4.4 is a car Ecu, with the correct wiring if think you can connect a kwp2000+ and have the right protocol to communicate with Ecu, I'm going to try that for the reasons listed below, and because i have a 110 and a 150 ecu unit, so I can try on the 110 ecu, without beeing disapointed if I broke this one.

So question is: Does somebody knows the wirings from digital wrench to Ecu? or the connector used? the brown one I suppose?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information