97 seadoo xp cutout

hi guys hope someone can help.
    i am a newbie when it comes to jetskis and have recentley purchased a 1997 seadoo xp which i was told had done arond 80hrs. on a recent trip to barmouth in the uk i was enjoying riding for about 45 minuits when suddenley my ski cut out for no apparent reason . i now have nothing powereing up on the dash and therefore can not start my ski. this all happened a week ago and has baffled me. the engine will not turn over, and previousley when no lanyard was attatched if i pushed the start/stop button i would get a red light come up on my dash and i could opperate my vts, which worked perfectley . Is this normal with no key attatched?Any help or advice would be gratefully appreciated
    THANKS
    chris

check your fuses. They are mounted in the mpem and there is also a 15amp main fuse in the elec. box beside the ign. coil.

Hi im mick chris's mate . i was with him when this happened,
    Yes one fuse had blown, but with the replacement in still nothing, there was power in the electric box, power in and out of the rectifier , power at the on off switch and the switch works, but still nothing on the display and no ignition

Mick

which fuse was blown? If it was the 5amp mpem fuse you may have an issue with the mpem itself

think is was 2nd or 3rd fuse up , but indeed it was a 5amp fuse , is this repairable

Mick

if it is the mpem i don't know of anyone who repairs them. You'll probably have to replace it.

Help guys, can you help at all , can we fix the mpem or where is the best place to pick up a used mpem in the uk or the us, i need to get this sorted

Mick

hi guys heres a pic of my mpem. all new fuses have been installed of correct amperage. reading from the bottom of the fue holder fuse 1.15amp...fuse 2. 5amp...fuse 3 7.5amp...spr 1 15amp...spr 2 5amp...spr 3 7.5amp. All fuses are now powered up except spr 3. Should i have a power going to this fuse? Does anyone know what this fuse powers. Im thinking it could be my ignition. If so is it possible to bridge a power from one of the other fuses to see if my dash lights up? Any help here guys
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	07092007030.jpg 
Views:	1961 
Size:	804.2 KB 
ID:	37805  

Thread Information