Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,587
    +1
    2

    Exclamation How do I get Epoxy off?! *GPR*

    Hi, Im replacing the pump shoe brackets on the inside of the ski. How do I get the epoxy off?? I need to know ASAP... moms will be home in like 30min. to go to home depot to get some stuff....... please help!!!


    -HALLPASS


  2. #2
    txgp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas , Texas
    Posts
    3,382
    +1
    165
    I removed the green glob of epoxy from my 2003 gpr with a chisel....I put the chisel flat on the hull to the side of epoxy glob and popped it with a hammer....stuff came right off

  3. #3
    Hydrotoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    16,712
    +1
    85
    Heat it with a torch, careful not to burn the hull. Once the surface turns a flaky black color (about 5 mins) it should chisel off with a screwdriver in one piece.


    Avoid the fumes. Very bad for you and stink like hell.

  4. #4
    Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,587
    +1
    2
    can i just heat it for like 30 seconds, then do the chisel thing? will it come off hydro?

  5. #5
    Hydrotoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    16,712
    +1
    85
    You can try.

  6. #6
    Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,587
    +1
    2
    k thanks mark! im leaving right now!!! shes outside

  7. #7
    Moderator RX951's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    League City, Texas
    Posts
    16,066
    +1
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by txgp1300r View Post
    I removed the green glob of epoxy from my 2003 gpr with a chisel....I put the chisel flat on the hull to the side of epoxy glob and popped it with a hammer....stuff came right off
    ditto....I've also used a long blade screwdriver and an air chisel. Just like he said, it pops right off. I would not advise using heat. Its not good breathing the fumes.

  8. #8
    Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,587
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    ditto....I've also used a long blade screwdriver and an air chisel. Just like he said, it pops right off. I would not advise using heat. Its not good breathing the fumes.
    can you post a pic of your new brackets installed?!

  9. #9
    Caution raider fan in the area !!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, California, United States
    Posts
    1,834
    +1
    2
    use , a heat gun for about 5 to 10 min ware a mask and pry up with flat head screwdriver and a sharp chisel pops off quickly.

  10. #10
    WATER WOODY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Minden, Nevada, United States
    Posts
    10,664
    +1
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    Heat it with a torch, careful not to burn the hull. Once the surface turns a flaky black color (about 5 mins) it should chisel off with a screwdriver in one piece.


    Avoid the fumes. Very bad for you and stink like hell.
    +1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Stuck Cylinder, How Do I Get It Off!
    By ssmi291 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-04-2013, 10:42 PM
  2. how do you get that d*** nut off?
    By mibunkerking in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 02-11-2010, 11:18 AM
  3. How do I get this off my rxp
    By Balance_Fighter in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-06-2008, 07:55 PM
  4. How do I get Epoxy off?! *GPR*
    By HallPass in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-07-2007, 09:16 PM
  5. how do you get the glue off for pump shoe brackets??????
    By N8R in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-30-2006, 10:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •