Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

2004 RXT Problem

A freind of mine just got a second hand 04 RXT.

Whenever he attaches the lanyard "SENSOR" flashes on the display. Ski runs fine. RPMS get up to 7900.

There is no code dispayed but is there a way to retrieve the code on the older skis to find out what sensor is bad?

Every once in a while I get the same thing on my 05 RXP. Runs fine and there are no codes just as yours. Would be interested in what that is as well.

Do you have a depth finder? SENSOR appears at the beginning of startup to confirm that it is reading the OEM depth finder transducer.

+1
    It may be an 05, did the 04s come with a depth finder?

It seems strange to dispaly "sensor" normally

Anyone else familular with this problem?

I am pretty sure they didn't make the RXT's until 05.... so I bet it is an 05... unless of course it's and RXP.... either way,

When sensor flashes on the dash right after you start up the engine it is exactly as stated it is trying to read the depth...

I have an 05 RXT that has a depth finder and it does that when it trys to read depth, normally flashes 3-4 times. On the trailer while on the hose it does this too and eventually displays the depth screen with the message "------ Feet" cause it can't tell....

My buddy who has an 05 RXP has it happen to him transiently and has no depth finder nor ever had one....

I was searching for more info on "sensor" myself. In the 04 RXP owners manual page 40 "sensor failure (vehicle electronic equipment)(SENSOR)"
    It looks like there is a sensor that is or has failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiguan RXP View Post
    A freind of mine just got a second hand 04 RXT.

Whenever he attaches the lanyard "SENSOR" flashes on the display. Ski runs fine. RPMS get up to 7900.

There is no code dispayed but is there a way to retrieve the code on the older skis to find out what sensor is bad?
    Antiguan, to retrieve the code, press the mode button 5 times...the display will show the first code, press again and another code, if any, will show...etc.
    Last edited by lafjax; 10-05-2007 at 09:13 PM.

+1
    lafjax thanks for that info!! good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post
    Antiguan, to retrieve the code, press the mode button 5 times...the display will show the first code, press again and another code, if any, with show...etc.
    Dang I could have just refreshed this page. I was looking for 30 min.

Here is a good link. Codes

Quote Originally Posted by Antiguan RXP View Post
    It may be an 05, did the 04s come with a depth finder?

It seems strange to dispaly "sensor" normally

Anyone else familular with this problem?
    No, it did not come with a dept finder, it was built for speed.. But let me tell you a little secret. The main Brain of the Doo RXP or RXT are the same. It will take a "Bud" system to hook up to your ski and turn things off and on. I owned a 2004 RXP, same thing happened. The main Brain tells me I have a compass and depth finder and a bunch of sensors???......when I bought the RXP....all I got was the 215 Horse Power and As ta la bye bye I didn't even got a cup holder? Take it to the nearest Doo dealer and they will turn off the functions you don't have. it's a glictch! Welcome to the Computer world.......and No, they don't sell those Buds system to normal human beings like us, only to Doo dealers every 10 hours, the Maintenace warning comes on, it's like a Biological clock, I manage to break that code, because I service my own ski! If my RXP tells me on the instrument panel that I have a Hot looking Blond with thong bikini on ..........damm, I don't know what to post????......Oh, Sea Doo take your Bud system analyzier and leave my RXP alone......I'll analyze it myself! Antiguan, hows the female bikini wearers over there? I graduate 2004 summa cumm loud de from Harvard University as Chief Vikini Inspector......need help?
    Last edited by Jammer 1; 10-06-2007 at 03:29 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information