Thread: I rode a Yammi

I rode a Yammi

Well, I thought i would share my thoughts on the yamaha that i rode. This is what i rode http://www.yamaha-motor.com/waverunn.../features.aspx

It was not very exciting to say the least. Its hard to go from a RXT to the VX. I know its a base model because it is a demo boat. The top speed on the speedo was 57. I like the idea of the 4 cyl. There was very little storage compared to the RXT. The front hold wasn't deep at all and the hood doesn't stay open by itself. There was no storage under the huge one peice seat. I didn't like the contours of the seat. It was to wide for me and the way i like to sit. The finger throttle was nice. I like the seadoo key much better than the old style lanyard on the yamaha. I still can't get over the 80's looking spout on the back. I know its their trademark. I don't like the way the front hood looks but that my taste. I don't know if i could get past the looks of that hood even if it was an SHO model. It was an nice oppertunity to get a chance to ride something different but i'll stick with what i have. It probably would make a good cheap family weekend cruiser though. I just though i would share some of my seadoo bias, speed freak thoughts .

Banned User

Question finger throttle

i pre-orderd a 2008 rxp-x and i know you said you liked the finger throttle but finger vs. thumb which would u choose?

i cant wait for my 08'

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsRXT View Post
    Well, I thought i would share my thoughts on the yamaha that i rode. This is what i rode http://www.yamaha-motor.com/waverunn.../features.aspx

It was not very exciting to say the least. Its hard to go from a RXT to the VX. I know its a base model because it is a demo boat. The top speed on the speedo was 57. I like the idea of the 4 cyl. There was very little storage compared to the RXT. The front hold wasn't deep at all and the hood doesn't stay open by itself. There was no storage under the huge one peice seat. I didn't like the contours of the seat. It was to wide for me and the way i like to sit. The finger throttle was nice. I like the seadoo key much better than the old style lanyard on the yamaha. I still can't get over the 80's looking spout on the back. I know its their trademark. I don't like the way the front hood looks but that my taste. I don't know if i could get past the looks of that hood even if it was an SHO model. It was an nice oppertunity to get a chance to ride something different but i'll stick with what i have. It probably would make a good cheap family weekend cruiser though. I just though i would share some of my seadoo bias, speed freak thoughts .
    Hey Hoops,

That's exactly I rode last year in FL. Wife & I rented a pair in Clearwater & cruised the bay; even rode past Hulk Hogan's crib . In fact it was the first time for both of us. Mine only had abt 25 hrs on it & it topped out @ 50 on the speedo on smooth water. We returned home and looked at all the current offerings settling for 2 '06 SeaDoo GTI's; I sold mine 3 mos later for my RXP . My friend has a VX110 & we GPS'ed his @ 53 on glass.

I agree with you 100% on the hood. I just don't like the looks; if the SHO had the GPR front I'd like it much more.

Quote Originally Posted by alexp073 View Post
    i pre-orderd a 2008 rxp-x and i know you said you liked the finger throttle but finger vs. thumb which would u choose?

i cant wait for my 08'

Finger throttle is the way to go!!!! Much easier on the dynamics of the joints in your hands and easier to control speed....

+1
    Take a broom and wrap your hand around the handle. Now try and hold onto it with 4 fingers not using your thumb. Then hold onto it with 4 fingers including your thumb, but not your index finger. Which way gives you the better grip? Using your thumb, as it is the strongest finger on your hand. If you want the best grip on the handlebars, use a finger throttle.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by alexp073 View Post

i cant wait for my 08'
    I'm pretty comfortable wit either throttle position. If i had a choice i think i would go finger. I don't think i would mod just to have a finger throttle though.

Thread Information