Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Banned User

Talking LETS TALK ABOUT THE 2008 Rxp-x's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had some questions and I'm sure others do about the 2008 Rxp-x....here they are:

1. I was first of all wondering when is the release date. I though it was late February, but I wanted to confirm that.

2. I just put a deposit down for the Rxp-x and I was wondering when I get it, how exactly should I drive the first ten hours.

4. How/when are you supposed to change oil and get it serviced?

6. And finally, I was wondering when after they came out, would be a good time to start driving it. e.g. is feb/march too early considering I live in Hickory, North Carolina????

Thanx in advance!
    Last edited by alexp073; 10-17-2007 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alexp073 View Post
    I had some questions and I'm sure others do about the 2008 Rxp-x....here they are: I'm sure you doo...

1. I was first of all wondering when is the release date. I though it was late February, but I wanted to confirm that. You will NEVER see it.

2. I just put a deposit down for the Rxp-x and I was wondering when I get it, how exactly should I drive the first ten hours. You shouldn't have put money down, see #1.

3. Is the Rxp-x the best and fastest stock PWC out there? SLOW PIG... I think that YUGO is making a faster ski in 2008.

4. How/when are you supposed to change oil and get it serviced? You won't have to worry about it, see #1.

5. Does anybody think I shouldn't have gotten the Rxp-x? ME

6. And finally, I was wondering when after they came out, would be a good time to start driving it. e.g. is feb/march too early considering I live in Hickory, North Carolina???? Umm, if the water is open, (FOR YOU SOUTHERN FOLKS, THAT MEANS NOT FROZEN SOLID) you're good to go...

Thanx in advance!
    (PLEASE realize I'm TOTALLY messing with you here, welcome to the club)

Well since you're LEGALLY commited to buy the damn thing, I'll give you a dollar for it...

OK, tree-fiddy... but that's my final answer...

Congrats, I'm totally jealous...

JP
    Last edited by JP; 09-03-2007 at 05:04 PM.

+1

Exclamation

My ONLY concern about this ski would be fuel consumption. Yesterday, I rode my ski at high altitude, 6350ft, max rpms 7250- for about 1 hour and burned a half tank. I would have burned more if I were at sea level.

+1
    If you want fastest ski then you should forget the RXP-X and buy this ski

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=35919

Banned User
    Thanks for all the feedback...and JP just so you know im not a southern folk, i was born in New YOrk and moved. Anyways that seadoo that you showed me is also twice the price i thinkn ill stick with the rxp-x

however the fuel consumption is an issie that i thought about

Yugo......

Alex.... pertaining to your question about which is the fastest stock ski... only few people truly know.... the Yamaha Sho looks to be at minimum a bit of a challenge to the seadoo line.... they have this boat rippin with crazy displacement and it is light as hell(again I have never seen it but just judging from the specs). The fued that existed recently btwn Kawi and SD may shift from Kawi to Yama Vs SD now.

I have always been able to appreciate a good bit of competition and this is it!!! Most SD owners don't wanna admit it but it looks like this boat is going to RIP out of the hole and may be equal if not better top speeds.

As far as deciding if you should or shouldn't have gotten what you did keep in mind this little fact... SD has been making skis for decades and they are coming into their 4th year of sc'ed beasts!!! The science behind the supercharger itself is not new but the overall design of one in an 11' enclosed capsule is(relatively speaking) and it is difficult to get everything right on the first shot. We all know about the washers being poor(to be incredibly nice to the SD line) and there have been mods that are not incredible expensive that improved the overall make 10 fold that SD could have done. SD is now stepping up and taking that next step. There is no question that this boat will be nothing short of impressive but more importantly solid. I predict that Yamaha will have problems with there new line this year. Not because Yamaha is garbage but becuase it is something new to them all together and will need kinks worked out. SD is a pioneer and you made the correct choice.

Fuel consumption
    My dealer put it this way, what gets better milage a honda civic or Shelby Mustang?
    So ask yourself Mr Carroll, what are you looking for in a jetski, fun or an adreniline rush?
    If it is fun take a look at the GTi otherwise you would not have inquired about the 215hp RXT.

when you squeeze that freakin throttle and that wind is slapping against your face, your smile is going to be so freaking huge you won't care about gas.

HP=GAS
    HP=SPEED
    HP=
    = FUN
    FUN IS PRICELESS

I met someone with 2 rxps, he works a second job (16 to 20 hours a week as a waiter) in the winter to pay for his skis for the year and gas. he rotates buying a new ski every year. He said when the weather turns it WOT all day.

i went from the 155hp to the 215 SC. its worth the extra $$$$ in gas.
    Last edited by bruinsrme; 09-07-2007 at 07:38 AM.

+1
    my stage 3 gets better mileage than my buddies stock RXP, why you ask, because he has to work harder to got the same MPH, he is pegged at 7900, while i am at 6500 at the same speed.

just the other day i had a half tank left and he had 1 bar and fuel warning

YES we did ride the same amount

Banned User

Question Breaking in

Man, you guys are great! Thanks for all the replys. One more thing though:

Explain the best way to break in a new SeaDoo. I have heard, take it easy and only 3/4 throttle and i have also heard to ride hard. Which one would you choose or if you have another way/idea of breaking it in.

thanks in advance

+1
    Can you believe it, I have actually been to Hickory, NC.
    Hope have some decent lakes there, you're gonna need room for that monster...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information