2008 rxpx last year for rxp hull?

Do you guys think that it is the last year for the rxp hull. The 2007 ski doo snowmobiles relased the mxzx rs. Which was a racer special/ hard core rec sled with all the goodies. Now they switched body styles to the new rev xp which I did snow check one but anyways, Do you think they will change the sea doo\ body style for the rxp in 2009?

+1
    no change for 09

+1
    Both the RXP and the GTX/RXT hulls are getting to the end of their run. The current GTX hull first came on the market in 2002. The RXP hull was used in the GTI for a couple of years before it was adopted for RXP use. It's up to marketing and the bean counters as to when the replacements will be released. If not in 2009, I would say 2010 for sure. But a lot depends on PWC sales and the condition of the economy. The current GPR hull has had a 9 year run and will be replaced/modified next year. That is if there are no major problems with Yammi's new 1800cc block.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by superstock1986 View Post
    Do you guys think that it is the last year for the rxp hull. The 2007 ski doo snowmobiles relased the mxzx rs. Which was a racer special/ hard core rec sled with all the goodies. Now they switched body styles to the new rev xp which I did snow check one but anyways, Do you think they will change the sea doo\ body style for the rxp in 2009?
    I think they take a little more pride in their snowmobile line (especially racing) than their PWC line, so I think you can expect to see more frequent changes/upgrades in their sleds. I say this because I think if BRP really wanted the RXP to be a great race (buoy) machine they would have used a better hull in the first place. The REV platform gained a lot of respect in the snowmobiling community, especially in snocross with Blair Morgan riding it.
    Last edited by RXP-REX; 09-03-2007 at 07:02 PM.

should I buy a rxpx or should I buy on 04 and put about 5k into it.

Banned User

Exclamation

not meaning to be mean, but how does Jerry know bout 09's already....i spoke to the owner of a platinum dealer and he said they dont find out for a LONG time....???????

+1
    I can't speak for Jerry because I don't risk my life leaking secret squirrel information and now that you called him out by his first name he will have to re-enter the witness protection program and this web site will self destruct in 5 seconds.

I would guess that the RXP hull will be around at least through '09 because a company's profits are made in the mass production scheme of things and so I think it's safe to say that their production of X parts for this hull should continue for at least two years (08/09) to cover the costs of production and turn profits). But that's just me thinking that would make the most sense. And if BRP listens to its customers then what does the introduction of 40 more horsepower with the same hull tell you? I'm thinking that although we bitch online about the hull it might be under reported to the company. Either that or BRP is buying us off for another year by throwing us 40 more ponies until they get their hull figured out. They've had the 40 ponies, actually probably more laying around their shop for a while and just threw us a bone to keep us at bay regarding the hull. That's what I'm believing...

rx4pain, i think you nailed it

+1
    Actually, at this point, even BRP doesn't know when the new hull will be introduced. It depends on the market. As long as they are able to sell "close" to as many skis as they can produce, why come out with new stuff. The HP rating of the 2007 Ultra caught BRP off guard and was an eye opener for them. Hence, the new 255hp "X" skis for 2008.

2008 is going to be an interesting year with SD, Yammi, Honda and Hydrospace all coming out with new product. Each will be trying to get a big part of the market share. Yamaha now plans to have a new 2 seater for sale in 2009. But even this will depend on what happens with the SHO's. If they are able to sell as many 3 seaters as they can make, I can see the SHO-1800R still sitting on the shelf for maybe another year. If the economy stumbles further and the boating market suffers more decline, what we have new for 2008 may be "all she wrote" until things improve. There are too many "ifs" to really know what the future holds for the PWC market.

Richard

Thread Information