Thread: Lost speed WTF

+1

Lost speed WTF

Ok, i have been religiously reading this forum everyday. Thanks to everyone it has helped me with a lot of info. Anyway, i have been steady running around 66.5/66.6 with ppk, d-plate, unmodded r&d rideplate, 1200 grate and half tank of gas. I can beat my friends stock GPR, slightly modded grp and hang with a slightly modded 250x top end. Anyway, last night I took out my siphon, filled the hole with marine JB weld and also filled only the back 2 holes on my rideplate (ran out of the JB weld). I take my ski out today and gps max was only 65.1 ( i was running faster before the rideplate). I almost could not keep up with my friends bone stock gpr (also an 07) and my ski just felt like a dog in general compared to how it has been running. 2 bars of fuel left (actually low fuel warning light was on) .. Any idea what could have happened?
    also couple questions not part of the proble totally seperate issues

1) i did not shave my pump when i bolted my r&d plate up. it basically is wedged against it. would shaving pump increase angle lil bit and give some more speed?
    2) i sealed ppk with silicone instead of 5200, should i redo?
    thanks

+1
    Weather can do it
    silicon could have blown out of pump
    bad gas can do it
    was your rpm's the same
    what do you mean bye shaving the pump?

+1
    oops i meant the nozzle not the pump.. also if the weather caused it wouldnt the other skis have been slower as well? the weather has been the same all weekend and i have been running 66.5 except for today

+1
    I had the same prob recently on my 07 and noticed i had a lot of play in the throttle,it felt like sluggish out of the hole and lost top end ... I noticed the throttle was not going all the way to the throttle stop so i just adjusted the play but this might not be your case... Thanks

just GOT TO DO IT! great lakes gpr 1200's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gprjersey07 View Post

1) i did not shave my pump when i bolted my r&d plate up. it basically is wedged against it. would shaving pump increase angle lil bit and give some more speed?

When you angle the plate you must grind the pump so the ride plate stays flat. if you do not grind the pump the plate will bow. I use a piece of paper to make sure their is clearance between the pump and the plate.

Few things I have learned. Keep on grinding on that exit nozzle. I thought I did it enough and then did some more and got some more speed. I also mailed mine off to Jim today - I have only heard good things.

Checking the throttle cable is somehting you should definately do.

As far as sealing the pump - I have also heard to make sure you re-inforce the tunnell if you used all the PPK pieces and sealed it. In stock form it is designed to relieve pressure through those 4 holes in the pump.

As far as the speed loss chalk it up to gas and weather. Ive had slow days for no reason.

Thread Information