Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

my ultra did not start today

went to the ramp this morning and went to start my 250 before i put her in the water and it just cranked and cranked, i smelled fuel and thats when i knew i was having a spark issue, went back to the house pulled the plugs and they were soaked in fuel, and a little dirty/ fouled, so i cleaned them up wit a brass wire brush gentley and it started right up, ran fine the whole day, was getting 7700+ rpms and the day before it ran fine too, even when i flushed it out,

im due for my first service still i had 13 hours when i had this problem i have 17 now and its going right to the dealer, if they are going to charge me for new plugs then im gonna be pissed

they charged me, gave me a small discount , bullcrap! but it run great again!

My ski started missing and I lost about 200 rpms w/ 14 hours on it. I called the dealer and asked them to warranty me a set of plugs, they said to bring it in and they would fix it right up. New plugs are 60.00 Gas and tolls would have cost me 80, so I put in a set of CR9EIX's for 30.00 and it solved my problem. The other day I wire brushed my stock PMR9B's and flushed them w/ carb cleaner and the air hose and put them back in,, they have been fine for 4 hours so far.. I beleive the service manual even suggests you clean the stockers at 25 hours..

if your smellin fuel and seeing fumes its your exhaust hose mine did the same exact thing check your exhaust hose it smells and all it does is crank but wont turn over.

where exactly is the exhaust hose im still trying to figure how everything routes, that wont cause it to not start right? that will give the fuel smell when it doesent start because the hose clamp is loose (correct me if im wrong)

I had some issues with my ski the other day as well. only problem is i pushed it off the trailer and then it wouldnt start lol.

after some trouble shooting, pulled the plug wires and sparked them on the heads, worked fine. I knew fuel was getting in there cause I could smell it coming out the exhaust outlet after lots of cranking.

eventually i got her running on 2 cylinders, then the third cylinder kicked in, and finally the 4th cylinder came online. All was well for the rest of the day with no noticed loss in speed or acceleration.

to get it started, this is going to sound weird but it's the only thing that seemed to work the first time lol.

hold the start button so it's cranking and push the stop button in every second or so, it finally got pissed and gave a nice loud bang as it detonated the fuel in the cylinders and gave itself a jumpstart lol. the water from the exhaust flew out with more pressure than that of the pump on startup haha

I don't condone this action in anyway, but it worked for me, and I'm not afraid to have to have it rebuilt if i mess it up lol. I also, just might have gotten lucky....

Last food for thought, upon doing the engine rinse after riding the day before, when I turned off the water I didnt rev it at all to get the water out of the exhaust, driving up the big hills might have gotten some of that water back flushed into the heads. who knows.

brought my 250 to the dealer and they said that the stock replacement plugs are on national backorder so they said that kawi is telling my dealer to use an alternitive plug that i have to pay for (which i beleive some people on this board are using) but they have to be changed every 20 hours, this is absolute bullshit. this should be warenteed due to premature failure. and now i have to have non stock plugs in my ski that will go bad anyway? is there any rep at kawi i can complain to about this situation, also i have gas in my oil too!

SeaDoocer
    Quote Originally Posted by blu 250x View Post
    brought my 250 to the dealer and they said that the stock replacement plugs are on national backorder so they said that kawi is telling my dealer to use an alternitive plug that i have to pay for (which i beleive some people on this board are using) but they have to be changed every 20 hours, this is absolute bullshit. this should be warenteed due to premature failure. and now i have to have non stock plugs in my ski that will go bad anyway? is there any rep at kawi i can complain to about this situation, also i have gas in my oil too!
    Well my friend, join the crowd of those who are first time Kawi buyers and who are dismayed at the service we are getting!! These things are going on Ebay as soon as I get them back from being painted..Oh, and, yeah, there is a service rep you can talk to...they are called customer representatives who will lie to you and say they've never heard of anyone having this problem! Yeah, right!!!1

SeaDoocer
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcolog2 View Post
    I had some issues with my ski the other day as well. only problem is i pushed it off the trailer and then it wouldnt start lol.

after some trouble shooting, pulled the plug wires and sparked them on the heads, worked fine. I knew fuel was getting in there cause I could smell it coming out the exhaust outlet after lots of cranking.

eventually i got her running on 2 cylinders, then the third cylinder kicked in, and finally the 4th cylinder came online. All was well for the rest of the day with no noticed loss in speed or acceleration.

to get it started, this is going to sound weird but it's the only thing that seemed to work the first time lol.

hold the start button so it's cranking and push the stop button in every second or so, it finally got pissed and gave a nice loud bang as it detonated the fuel in the cylinders and gave itself a jumpstart lol. the water from the exhaust flew out with more pressure than that of the pump on startup haha

I don't condone this action in anyway, but it worked for me, and I'm not afraid to have to have it rebuilt if i mess it up lol. I also, just might have gotten lucky....

Last food for thought, upon doing the engine rinse after riding the day before, when I turned off the water I didnt rev it at all to get the water out of the exhaust, driving up the big hills might have gotten some of that water back flushed into the heads. who knows.
    I'm laughing as I read your post! It's funny but sad at the same time..who would have thought that you would pay that kind of money only to have to do the Voodoo dance to get it started!! Someone please tell me what is wrong with this picture!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    The other day I wire brushed my stock PMR9B's and flushed them w/ carb cleaner and the air hose and put them back in,, they have been fine for 4 hours so far.. I beleive the service manual even suggests you clean the stockers at 25 hours..
    Did anybody bother to read this ??? cleaning the stockers has worked great, up over 5 hours so far after the cleaning, we'll see how long they last. Buy a set of stock PMR9's to keep as a back up, but no need to ditch 60.00 worth of stock plugs if one starts missing... try cleaning them and running them..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information