Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Have stage I minus the prop, looking for more mods..

I've got an '05 RXT and was kind of shocked at the prices when I called Riva and #2, don't feel like waiting a month and then being put on a waiting list. I'm basically looking for a prop, then a stage 2 (S/C Clutch, opas, exhaust??, intercooler, blowoff)

Is there anyone selling a package or a company that does all of these? Anyone looking for some business?

I was having a problem with my ski only hitting 7600 RPM's with a solas prop recommended to me. I bought it, installed it, ran like crap, put the stock one back in and finally getting 8,000 to 8,100 RPM out of my ski.

Now if I can only get my ski as fast as my car... life will be good

G

+1
    You should buy a Rotax Racing Intercooler, Riva/Vortech SC Impeller, a cold air intake and a PPG repitched Solas impeller.

Perry Performance Group carries all of those items plus more.

You will also want to throw on some OPAS blockoff plates and a Riva Grate.

+1
    That would be a perfect kit right there, what Hulk is suggesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    You should buy a Rotax Racing Intercooler, Riva/Vortech SC Impeller, a cold air intake and a PPG repitched Solas impeller.

Thanks....Are they selling the impellers? I contacted Riva about a week ago and I think they said they are not available yet..

G

+1
    PM Shibby1485 or search out on here or on www.sea-doo.net because I think he did get a Solas for his RXT. I think you're right about the availability of the RXT Solas impeller...sucks that Riva has everything due in May and of course that means late June. Probably the worse possible marketing for an industry that's months into a short season.

+1
    Yes, PPG has impellers that they will repitch to your specific application.

05rxt,
    same here, i put the 14/19 solas and I experienced the same thing you did. It's kinda suck thaat we still need to get repitch it. I put the stock prop back on and it performed alot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennie C.
    05rxt,
    same here, i put the 14/19 solas and I experienced the same thing you did. It's kinda suck thaat we still need to get repitch it. I put the stock prop back on and it performed alot better.
    Bennie, you too huh!!??

I've got the Grate, 2.5 Deg wedge, air intake AND I installed the impeller. Took Ski out about 4 times and it just didn't have that "pull" I was expecting , it LOST about 3-4mph. I was only hitting 7,600 RPM. Man was I pissed, I thought my S/C clutch was spinning!!! For shits and giggles threw the stock impeller back on and damn!!!! Speedo on the ski read 74 MPH and back up to 8150 RPM or so. Kind of amazing what 500 RPM will do huh?

I just can't figure out what mod to do next. I want the mod to be as simple as possible. I was thinking of the S/C impeller but that looks like a lot of work and I'll need to take S/C off and send out.......

What is the next basic "bolt on" mod I can do... Will I also notice any performance taking the OPAS block off ?

Gerald
    05 RXT
    98 Dodge Viper

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk

THanks! What's the easiest mod I can do myself?....... I've already got the grate (forgot to mention it)..... Looks like I'll be giving PPG a call 2morrow.. Looks like the OPAS is really the easiest.. From what I've read it will made the RXT a lot more........... "nimble". I'm kind of scared to go the prop route again as the 1st one was a nightmare.

G

I also have the 05 RXT and have all the mods for the stage 2, got the intercooler from PPG, every thing else from Riva. Riva does now have the SRX-CD 13/19 prop for the RXT in stock but but they don't have the one for the RXP, when I installed it my RPM's dropped to 7700 with new prop from 8100 with the stock prop.The hole shot was much stronger but I had no gain in top end.I will be repitching this prop or may try the one PPG has, if you go that route let me know how it does.
    Most of the mods are pretty straight forward intercooler probably the hardest. Putting that rubber band around intercooler kicked my ass pretty good but I found if you file a notch in the side of a blade on about a 10 inch screwdriver and use it as a pry bar to stretch it over the end it helps a lot. Also on the RXT you do not have to loosen the intake bolts.
    You can get plenty of help in this forum if you need it. Good luck with your mods and keep us posted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information