Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Non synthetic oil

Just something to think about. On another popular jet ski site the recommendation for seadoos is to run non sythetic oil in the supercharged models.

+1
    That is only because of the super charger clutch. You can run the AMSOIL Synthetic Oil that is safe for the super charger clutches on the Sea-Doo's.
    Attached Files Attached Files

OT:

HEY! Mr 800AMSOIL! Please visit us in these threads to discuss problems using AMSOIL and the fuel in oil problem. It seems many of us anal retentive Amsoil users are having more problems with this than the dino-oil users: http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37485 and http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37180

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lordblack View Post
    HEY! Mr 800AMSOIL! Please visit us in these threads to discuss problems using AMSOIL and the fuel in oil problem. It seems many of us anal retentive Amsoil users are having more problems with this than the dino-oil users: http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37485 and http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37180
    I was hoping you would catch him online I would love to see what he's got to say.

+1

Amsoil

Quote Originally Posted by lordblack View Post
    It seems many of us anal retentive Amsoil users are having more problems with this than the dino-oil users
    I run Amsoil and have no issue with oil in the gas at 37 hours. I changed my oil at 22 hours. I also broke it in like a little girl according to the manual.

+1
    Here is a post from TurboDave. http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=33712
    He also has the fuel dilution problem. He also did a leak down test. He only has 4% passing by the rings, which is great. This is not a oil or ring sealing issue. IMO I would use a synthetic oil, granted it is more $$. It will give you more protection that a petroleum oil, especially with the fuel dilution issues. I do not care whose synthetic oil you use, but I would use a synthetic even if it cost you another $12.00 per oil change. This is the life blood of any engine. I hope this helps.

+1

Amsoil's Right

Synthentic oil chemically binds with the metal in an engine. It fills
    up the microscopic holes and scratches. This is one of the reasons
    it lubricates so well. It does not breakdown nearly as easily as a
    petroleum based oil. It handles heat far better at any viscosity rating.

If there was ever a machine that needs synthetic, it's a Jetski! High RPM's,
    infrequent use, harsh moisture laden environment, forced induction, etc.

I only needed 3 quarts at my last change, so at $5/qt that's $15 for Mobil
    1 bought at Costco. Amsoil's extra additive packages are probably good
    insurance for a few bucks more.

Once the elusive R&D fix appears we'll have an answer. The gas doesn't
    appear to be blowing past the rings, I think it's coming from the routing of the emmision plumbing back into the air intake. However I don't experience it so for me it's just conjecture! Of course I don't run anything WOT for any length of time....including me!

Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    Here is a post from TurboDave. http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=33712
    He also has the fuel dilution problem. He also did a leak down test. He only has 4% passing by the rings, which is great. This is not a oil or ring sealing issue. IMO I would use a synthetic oil, granted it is more $$.
    Thanks for posting such good information. Here's the deal - If you are having a real problem with fuel in the oil take your ski to a dealer and have a LEAK DOWN test done. If the test results are not within spec the problem is most likely a ring sealing issue that must be repaired (no kind of oil will fix the problem).

Quote Originally Posted by tomgtv View Post
    Once the elusive R&D fix appears we'll have an answer. The gas doesn't appear to be blowing past the rings, I think it's coming from the routing of the emmision plumbing back into the air intake.
    Yep - keep watching for the R&D kit.

I use only AMSOIL in my GPR, and will be switching from Mobil 1 to AMSOIL in the Ultra. Tomgtv is right, it's only a couple of bucks per change - a small price to pay given the conditions the ski operates in.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatorcountry View Post
    Thanks for posting such good information. Here's the deal - If you are having a real problem with fuel in the oil take your ski to a dealer and have a LEAK DOWN test done. If the test results are not within spec the problem is most likely a ring sealing issue that must be repaired (no kind of oil will fix the problem).

Yep - keep watching for the R&D kit.

I use only AMSOIL in my GPR, and will be switching from Mobil 1 to AMSOIL in the Ultra. Tomgtv is right, it's only a couple of bucks per change - a small price to pay given the conditions the ski operates in.
    The only emmisions equipment on this engine are the valve cover plates and the hose that runs from them to the intake. I have often wonderd if using the block off plates has something to do with the problem. If I'm not mistaken, these plates only let air into the exhaust and don't expell anything from the engine. It seems like people are having the problem if they have or have not blocked them off.

doesnt the fuel tank vent? I know its not allowed to vent to the atmosphere. Also most injection systems have a return line to the fuel system. There is alot of other "stuff" as well that is considered emmision systems that people dont realize. Not saying the ski has any of this but somthing to think about. I think the oil in gas issue is a combination of things. Mostly emmisions related somehow. I do have the problem but it is getting better with time. We all await the R&D "fix". I still love my 250x and think it is the best ski for me. Although the cruise option is nice on the yami. I still would never sell my 250x and switch for the yami just for the cruise control option.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information