Wave Venture 760 wont stop running?

Alright you tecks, if you got a ski, and you start it, but it wont stop running, even after you pull the lanyard, or hit the stop button, What would be your steps to checkin what? thanks to all, ROMO

+1
    Its hard to believe, but if you have a broken wire in the lanyard circuit, that will let it run and not stop. We put a new CDI in one this summer, started it up to check out, it wouldn't stop. Found that we missed plugging in one wire of the CDI.(the lanyard one) So check out all the wiring to the lanyard and start/stop switch.

Thanks, I will try that, I actually did have the lanyard switch already undone, but not pulled out, and I started it, and pulled the connector apart just under that handle bars apart. Would that normally stop it? because it didnt, it kept on running.
    Anyone know about that. If you pull that plug, should it stop ??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MNAPR View Post
    Thanks, I will try that, I actually did have the lanyard switch already undone, but not pulled out, and I started it, and pulled the connector apart just under that handle bars apart. Would that normally stop it? because it didnt, it kept on running.
    Anyone know about that. If you pull that plug, should it stop ??
    Thats the point, you have to MAKE that connection to stop it. If you unplug that one wire it will NOT stop.

+1
    A lean runaway can cause this problem. After pulling the lanyard or hitting the stop button and it does not stop, pull the throttle wide open if it stops, then you have a lean condition caused by lack of fuel or an air leak.

Ok, I switched out the lanyard assem. One I had laying around from another ski, and same thing, so I know it is not the lanyard Assem. I pulled the trigger hard to if it would cut out, and it did not, just kept reving up like it was running fine, so I assume no air leak. So what would be the next check after that,

Pull apart elec box, make sure all is attached?

New cdi?

Starter relay?

thanks for everyones input

Just curious, between postings, how did you stop the ski?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone268 View Post
    Just curious, between postings, how did you stop the ski?
    When it happened to us, we "quickly" pulled the plug wires off the plugs.
    MNAPR:
    You will need to take apart the electrical box, check all the connections inside for tightness. Also check to see if BOTH ground screws in the box are tight and corrosion free. If you can find a manual, you can check out all the wiring with a meter. There could be a break in one of the wires that goes up to the lanyard switch from the box. Also, I believe that a defective CDI can cause that issue too, because I think that the wire we had unplugged that time that caused our no stop was a wire that went to the CDI. The CDI can also be tested with a meter using a chart in the manual. Good luck

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MNAPR View Post
    Ok, I switched out the lanyard assem. One I had laying around from another ski, and same thing, so I know it is not the lanyard Assem. I pulled the trigger hard to if it would cut out, and it did not, just kept reving up like it was running fine, so I assume no air leak. So what would be the next check after that,

Pull apart elec box, make sure all is attached?

New cdi?

Starter relay?

thanks for everyones input

Did you hold the throttle wide open for a few or just stab it?

Hey,
    I just stabbed it, but I will pull the throttle hard for a couple secs tomorrow. if that dont work, I will pull apart the box and check all the connections and kind of go from there, see if I see anything funny in the box.
    And yes, I did pull the spark pull wires as soon as I could. Thanks again, will keep you updated. ROMO

Thread Information