Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

2 buy or not 2 buy a 06 RXT

Hey Guys and Gals

There is alot of informed people on the board so I ask,

I now have a 03 SC with Riva Air,riva SC Imp,solas,and no OPAS running 65 I would like to do more but I am concerened about the pistons and I would prefer not to get into the motor.
    I was thinking of buying a 06 RXT and adding a Riva stage 3 if it ever comes out what would you guys do
    1: dont worry about the pistons and add a RR ecu, IC, and the new RR SC imp. ( may be the cheapest option)
    2: buy the 06
    3: find a slightly used 05
    my goal is to have a 72-74 mhp ski that is reliable as I take alot of long trips. I dont post as much as most but I read this site daily and have learned alot, what ever I do my purchases will be made here, Hey GH now can you get me a RXT at cost

+1
    Buy a left over 2005 as I think the 06 have been said to be slower and have a different cam. I love the new 06 color IMO..

Keep your mods to install on the new RXT..

+1
    I have found a 05
    Green and black not my choice in colors but it is not bad

It only has 2.5 hours on it and it is close to me so i may go that why but would like to here some more opinions

I want an 05 rxp so if anyone wants an rxt with 13.4 hours and a new supercharger ill possibly trade.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    I got 2 leftover brand new 05 RXPs (green and red)... draw up a contract over the phone by today or tomorrow will be your best deal .... good discount and comes with 2 year warranty

I have an 06 for sale.

+1
    Shibby

I am in TN Nashville, so that would be a long drive plus the warranty will probably be voided with the Riva stage 3 or other options also Shibby would you get the 05 over the 06

+1
    judging by JD 1's findings that all his stock 04 and 05 skis are holeshotting athe 06s and are 1-2 mph faster.... that blows... just that much more work you have to catch up to the speeds of others.

also, warranty is as good as your dealer.... you'd be surprised what kinda work you can still put thru warranty with a riva stage 2, stage 3, and some of the rotax kits.... basically as long as you don't start playing with pistons, tolerances, porting, and cams your motor is stock and an expensive one at that... it's nice to have a warranty... but you need to settle that with your local dealer or whoever will be doing work on it should it need a repair

+1
    I would like to see Dan retard the cam timing all the way in one of the 06 skis and see what happens.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shhr
    Shibby

I am in TN Nashville, so that would be a long drive plus the warranty will probably be voided with the Riva stage 3 or other options also Shibby would you get the 05 over the 06
    i think the 06 skis look nicer, there's alot of little changes... no more tops valve, different crank venting system, different cam, different clutch thickness, different guages, different colors...

things i dont like of course are the rumors that it's mildly detuned, i don't like that you can't reset the guages with a set button and reset the odomter and time-o-meter? ... also, it won't spit out error codes to you digitally, u need to take it in to a dealer to get the codes....

have their pros and cons ..... too bad i didn't know sonner our mechanic just drove down to tennessee for a week, coulda dragged a new one down for ya, lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information