Value of a clean RXP hull ?

Hello all , I was wondering whats the going rate for a clean 04 RXP hull ?
    I have a 2004 RXP with a bad engine and trying to decied if I will fix it , part it out or sell it whole. Ski has 58 hours , very clean , dropped a valve , damaged head , broke a piston and cracked the cylinder. All stock.

Whats the Hulls going for?

Thanks

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    it'll cost you roughly $2500 in parts alone to fix it ... assuming your rods and other pistons are reuseable and your head is salvageable by having it welded... if head is totally bad, add another $1000 bucks about.

$2800 gets you a complete rebuilt shortblock from SBT with a warranty... however u'll have to speak to them to see if they take cores with cracked cylinders.

And I know they dont have any ready to go off the shelves to my knowledge... We sent a customer's 4-tec motor to SBT and they were rebuilding his actual motor and sending it back... same thing... dropped a valve and hammered the head and piston.

what's hulls going for? u'll get all sorts of responses to that... there's no consistency to it... but they aren't selling particularly, that's for sure, LOL... maye that tells u something about their asking prices, i dont know.

you can part out the jet pump, the driveshaft, the eletronics, the gas tank and fuel pump, you can still part out the motor or just sell the motor AS IS, sell the hull..

or just sell the entire ski AS IS with a blown up motor... sometimes i think you can get the same amount on a blown up ski that you would out of parting it out and saving alot of time and aggravation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    it'll cost you roughly $2500 in parts alone to fix it ... assuming your rods and other pistons are reuseable and your head is salvageable by having it welded... if head is totally bad, add another $1000 bucks about.

$2800 gets you a complete rebuilt shortblock from SBT with a warranty... however u'll have to speak to them to see if they take cores with cracked cylinders.

And I know they dont have any ready to go off the shelves to my knowledge... We sent a customer's 4-tec motor to SBT and they were rebuilding his actual motor and sending it back... same thing... dropped a valve and hammered the head and piston.

what's hulls going for? u'll get all sorts of responses to that... there's no consistency to it... but they aren't selling particularly, that's for sure, LOL... maye that tells u something about their asking prices, i dont know.

you can part out the jet pump, the driveshaft, the eletronics, the gas tank and fuel pump, you can still part out the motor or just sell the motor AS IS, sell the hull..

or just sell the entire ski AS IS with a blown up motor... sometimes i think you can get the same amount on a blown up ski that you would out of parting it out and saving alot of time and aggravation.

Thanks for the info. The head is battered up pretty good but the three remaining valves are intact in the bore. Piston got chewed up and lodged sideways in the bore and cracked the cylinder wall. Rod is not broke and didnt go through the block just split the cylinder wall.
    I most likely will part out or sell asis.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    how much for it AS IS? PM me, i may be interested

and let me correct myself... $2600 bucks gets you a new shortblock from SBT with a 2 year warranty.

I have the same problem but with a hole in the side of the block. Can you let me know, too, what's the going rate for AS IS and the cost to repair if they won't swap cores?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by NCRXP View Post
    Ski has 58 hours , very clean , dropped a valve , damaged head , broke a piston and cracked the cylinder.
    Wow that doesn't seem like many hours!! I will be putting that on my 4-tec this year for sure. What kind of life do these engines normally have??

+1
    Shibb, last time I talked w/ sbt about a 4-tec, they were like "we don't have cores, yours has to be re-buildable, welding charges are extra IF it can be repaired". Got that from 2 diff. people calls were 8 weeks apart and the last about a month ago. At 1500.00 for the new block alone, I would have done sbt and taken THAT 1 apart......make sure they have a core and if yours is not repairable add in for a new block, these ain't exactly plentiful

Well looks like I'll tear it down and see how bad the case's are.
    Then I'll decied if I'll part it out or fix it.

Thread Information