Question Highest HP C180 on here - What did it take?

I am curious. I am getting the mod bug bad...but before i pump any money into HP, I want to know if, given the hull design, I am completely wasting my money.

If $4,000 = 5-6 MPH - then

I know that Prop choice plays heavily into hole shot vs. top speed, but what I really want to know is (insert bad Lenny Kravitz reference here)

Will I really see much performance gain from $2,000 - $4,000 in parts?

I know the speedster guys see the gains...but will the hull and weight on the C180 allow enough of a gain to make it worthwhile?

Anybody??

Anyone have numbers and mods on their C180?

If shes got boobs or a throttle, I'm on it! badvinny's Avatar
    Added a Green Impeller ($450), steel washers ($90), and a 4" intake($80). I think my ceramic washers were slipping before I added the steels cause stock all I got was 42mph stock gps'd. Now it has way more acceleration and consistent 48 mph with the GPS. I think a new prop($250) and a rear thru hull exhaust($150), intercooler($200) and injectors ($200)will be my limit for mods but should get it to about 52-53mph. Thats only about $1500 if you do it all yourself and should retain some reliability I hope!

thanks for the response...

Quote Originally Posted by badvinny View Post
    Added a Green Impeller ($450), steel washers ($90), and a 4" intake($80). I think my ceramic washers were slipping before I added the steels cause stock all I got was 42mph stock gps'd. Now it has way more acceleration and consistent 48 mph with the GPS. I think a new prop($250) and a rear thru hull exhaust($150), intercooler($200) and injectors ($200)will be my limit for mods but should get it to about 52-53mph. Thats only about $1500 if you do it all yourself and should retain some reliability I hope!

How did you run your intake? Do you mind posting a couple pics and what kind of materials you used?

Are you planning to do the thru hull on your own? Where are you planning on picking up the parts that will fit the C180?

Again, thanks much for your response. I am really interested in getting this boat able to match speed of a stock or slightly modded 150 speedster 215hp.

I dont have any pic's and my boat is 2hr's away, just do a search on 4" intakes, I only copied what everybody else here has done.

Talking

Heres' mine on my 2005 SCIC C180.
    If it helps...forgot to say so...added a pre-filter mesh tissue on the filter just in case a water splash reached the filter...pretty simple...anyway

Hey Jeepster, Your custom intake looks exactly like mine. Just took the hose off the supercharger fliped it around put back on and stick filter on the end. Great minds think alike.
    It got me an extra 300 RPM and doesnt loose nearly as much RPM's on hard cornering.

Cool, and this was pretty easy to figure...!!!

Badvinny....i think something is wrong there....on guy here seems to be hitting right at 50 mph with just a cold air intake+the new Solas impeller...i figure you should be already at 52+ with the Green Wheel charger impeller(see the thread intitled: interesting results on C180 with 14/19R)

Let us know, i thought it would have blasted way higher than that with the Green Charger added....do you still run stock pump impeller...?

Badvinny, now that you have a green wheel and the intake I think just the addition of only a 14/19 will easily push you over 50 mph. The 14/19 gave me 4 mph with only a custom intake and some ideal cold air and water temps.

My next mod is a green wheel.

I hope your right, I also plan on injectors and a XS intercooler which is supposed to allow a minimum of 1psi more to the motor. I was looking at the riva ECU but then you need the valvetrain upgrade kit$$$$$, I dont think I feel like sinking that into my boat yet.

Thread Information