Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Having 2nd Thoughts..... Need advice!

I am having 2nd thoughts on buying my new RXP 215 HP Friday. I have not signed any papers yet.... After all the posts I have read on the superchager washer problems. I still was going to buy it. I have resv. at the lake for the weekend. and will not have time to send the supercharger in for the upgrade till next week or so. I was going to buy it and break it in EASY at the lake this weeekend. Then I was advised NOT to even take that chance?? Are these watercraft that unreliable??? I can't even take my new ski to the lake for a day or two to have fun, for fear that it will blow up? I called the dealer this morning and asked him if he would ( in writing), buy it back if this happened. There was nothing but silance on the phone... I need you SeaDoo guys to help me out here. I am a Yamaha man, that has had nothing but good luck with the two Yamahas I have owned. Will I really be taking a bad chance to run this new ski for a few hrs this weekend??? Please help, Thanks.... James in WV USA.

+1
    You are taking a chance when you wake up in the morning and leave the house.

Listen the ceramic washers are a problem but... I think if you are just going to do an easy break in you would be fine. change the ceramics when you get back.

+1
    I was worried too about my washers but ran em for 20hrs before I finally broke em, now my skis in the shop waiting to get fixed.. I think I messed them up by wave jumping and not relasing the throttle when in the air... If I had to do it again I would replace them ASAP... but cant go back in time. Lake riding isnt as rough as ocean riding I wouldnt tell you that you should not listen to the warnings but the majority of failures I have read of occur within the 15-25hr mark on the 07's.. If you ride this weekend remember to treat it like a respectable girl on a first date lol Treat her nice on your maiden weekend then replace the WASHERS ON MONDAY so you can Break Her in right the following weekend.
    I love my Seadoo looks amazing rides even better, the Mods are endless ($$$$) lol if you want to avoid the temptation buy the Metal washers and before you sign papers tell them you will only sign if they install the washers for you even if they charge you a fee do it... And you wont have to worry about it.
    Good Luck you wont regret it once you do it right..
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by stepjl View Post
    I am having 2nd thoughts on buying my new RXP 215 HP Friday. I have not signed any papers yet.... After all the posts I have read on the superchager washer problems. I still was going to buy it. I have resv. at the lake for the weekend. and will not have time to send the supercharger in for the upgrade till next week or so. I was going to buy it and break it in EASY at the lake this weeekend. Then I was advised NOT to even take that chance?? Are these watercraft that unreliable??? I can't even take my new ski to the lake for a day or two to have fun, for fear that it will blow up? I called the dealer this morning and asked him if he would ( in writing), buy it back if this happened. There was nothing but silance on the phone... I need you SeaDoo guys to help me out here. I am a Yamaha man, that has had nothing but good luck with the two Yamahas I have owned. Will I really be taking a bad chance to run this new ski for a few hrs this weekend??? Please help, Thanks.... James in WV USA.
    Yep that was me, I worried about the washers as I was signing the papers.

The likelyhood of the washers blowing up in the forst 20 hours is unlikely.

I have been riding my 07 and the 10 hour service is coming up. The washers, green wheel and ceramic bearings have been ordered from Jerry and the dealer is going to install them in conjunction with the 10 hour service.

My recommendation is pick up the ski, break in the motor for the first hour/hour and a half then ride her like you want.

At the 10 hour service have the washers changed out or wait intil the end of the season pull the SC change them yourself or send it to Jerry.

anyway the ski will be under warranty if something should happen.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinsrme View Post
    Yep that was me, I worried about the washers as I was signing the papers.

The likelyhood of the washers blowing up in the forst 20 hours is unlikely.

I have been riding my 07 and the 10 hour service is coming up. The washers, green wheel and ceramic bearings have been ordered from Jerry and the dealer is going to install them in conjunction with the 10 hour service.

My recommendation is pick up the ski, break in the motor for the first hour/hour and a half then ride her like you want.

At the 10 hour service have the washers changed out or wait intil the end of the season pull the SC change them yourself or send it to Jerry.

anyway the ski will be under warranty if something should happen.

Good Advice indeed

just pray that those ceramics dont break. 07's are the worst yet. nxt day air the SC if you have too

Having had a washer failure in an RXT, I was pretty cautious during break in on my RXP...took it easy for 9hrs with the ceramics. Sent the s/c to Jerry after I took the ski for the 10hr service.

I think if you do the same you'll be ok.

mr. knowitall
    i put 24 hours on my 07 rxt before changing the washers and when i took the creamics out they were in good looking condition but glad i got them out just the same and i drove the ski like i stole it, if you buy it just ride it easy and get them swapped out as sood as you can but i wouldnt let it stop me from enjoying my weekend and if she blows you do have the warranty . on the other hand i am a yamaha man myself and they do make a great reliable product so if you went that way i would understand

+1
    I agree with Insanediego Joe, however the thought of a proper break-in is way too tempting to lite the wick! Here is the scenario, you will be breaking in really slow and then all of the sudden another watercraft blows by ( they always do during breakin, by the way it's the Devil seeing if you are easily tempted LOL ) and then all of the sudden you are in hot pursuit! As your palms sweat and grip the pull of the supercharger is whining and the distinct whistle puts you in euphoria.All of of the sudden you are pulling ahead and then as luck would have it KABOOM!, there goes the washers and end of story.

Or the other instance will be that you let a friend or family member do the same and they experience the buck fever and then KABOOM!, either way it always seems to happen, and it will sooner than later! I hope this helps to put things into perspective just wait until you get the washers and then fogetabotit!

+1

my .o2

I have 76 hours on my 05 rxt, and will be changing out the washer at the end of the season ( a few more weeks). For the most part I don't ride hard or in rough conditions. The ski currently runs great.

And to be honest, I had absolutely no idea there was a problem with the washers until i came across this board about a month ago. I have one buddy with the rxp and he didnt know about it either.

I can let you guys know what condition the washers are in.

Worst case scenerio, it blows in the next few weeks and then I really get to mod the helloout of it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information