Thread: vxr 650 help

vxr 650 help

just bought this wave runner and had problems getting it started unless i hooked it up to my truck with jumper cables. So i bought a new battery and charged it still can't get it started (checked battery and it is fine). put new plugs in as well old ones were wet. probably due to me flooding the engine trying to get it started. im prtty handy but don't know where to start, any help would be appreciated. thanks!

I had/have similar issues with my 91 VXR . All I do is pull up on the kill switch & wiggle it around, works every time for me.

now when you can't get it started does it still crank. like before you wiggle the kill switch.

Exactly as you describe. Cranks over , doesnt start. I pull up & wiggle my kill /lanyard switch( after drying wet plugs) . She starts right up! Im thinking there might be corrosion inside & wiggling it around cleans it up "for now" LOL!

unfortunately the wiggle didn't work but i did check for spark last night and had none. so any other ideas? thank you in advance.

+1
    Remove the spark plug boots. This will expose the leads and I am willing to bet the copper wires inside of the leads have broke and there is not any wire making contact with the plug boots. If you pull the boots and do not seen any wire, strip back the rubber on the leads until you get to some solid wire. Screw the boots back on and check fire. If you still do not have fire it is most likely the ignition coils.

Thread Information