Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

genesis running like no gas

I have a 1999 genesis fuel injected. I opened up the electrical box and the 1/4 amp fuse holder going to the red/purple wire had broken. the fuse was not blown. I reconnected it and the display started working. does the mfi control the injectors at all? It would start sparatically and would run like it was not getting hardly any fuel at all when the mfi was not working. sometimes it would run for a few seconds to a minute before shutting off and not craking for a few minutes. it was acting like it was not getting any fuel at all. I was just wondering it the mfi could have anything to do with this. thanks

Have you checked the fuel presure?

Check all of the ground connections to make sure they are tight and clean.

Did you replace the broken fuse?

Did you check all of the connections in the electrical box to make sure they were tight?

Also, it would be better to keep all of your questions/problems in one thread so everybody can keep track of what you have tried and your progress.

Let us know what you find.

+1
    It sounds like it might be a TPS sensor, pretty common problem with your symptoms.
    My guess anyway.

I replaced the fuse connection and the mfi is functioning properly. I have not put it in the water to test.
    What is a tps sensor?

TPS = Throttle Position Sensor

can the tps cause the engine to barely idle and choke down when any throttle is applied. then try to recrank and motor just turns over and over then finally cranks after a minute or two. may run for 10 secs or 2 min with very min throttle.

+1
    Yes, yes, yes and yes.
    Give it a try, they go bad all the time, so you won't be wasting your money even if it's not your problem.
    What's your fuel pressure while cranking??
    Do you get spark when it won't start?

Ordered a new terminal board. For now I plugged an inline fuse on the one that the rivet came loose on the old terminal board. The mfi started working properly. I tested it in the water and the engine ran great with no problems. I ran it pretty hard stopping and going and opened it up for approximately 25-30 minutes with no hesitation or other problems. The only thing that is not working properly is the speedometer. Sometimes it will look like it wants to work, but only goes up to about 10 or 12 mph on the needle. If you put the display to read mph it reads the same as the needle. I have replaced the tubing to the speedometer and have blown it out. Can it be the analog speedometer that is bad?

The speedo inlet probably has a piece of junk in it. get a very small drill bit and use it (by hand) to clean out the speedo inlet on the bottom of the ski. I can get you a picture if needed.

You can also test the speedo with a small hand pump if needed.

Let us know how it goes.

the line is new and clear out the hull. i put a vacuum on the guage and it did not work. neither did the digital one in the mfi.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information