Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

155 hp rxp questions

what are your general thoughts about this craft.

after long and hard search for a used ski my family and g/f talked me into just geting a brand new ski. i want something that handles good is fun to ride and will do 55-60 and be reliable. is this something that will fit what im looking for or should i look else where?

You are sure it its 155 HP RXP. I think you might be talking about a GTI or GTX.

If you opt. to go with the 155hp I would go with a different hull.I have a RXP and a GTI.The RXP is a lot ruffer ride, but it does handle well. The GTI is something good to cruise around with. If you go with the RXP, get the 215 HP.

mr. knowitall
    Quote Originally Posted by whitetail10 View Post
    If you opt. to go with the 155hp I would go with a different hull.I have a RXP and a GTI.The RXP is a lot ruffer ride, but it does handle well. The GTI is something good to cruise around with. If you go with the RXP, get the 215 HP.
    i agree, get as much power as you can otherwise you'll be kicking yourself when your constantly being passed

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by stingray152003 View Post
    what are your general thoughts about this craft.

after long and hard search for a used ski my family and g/f talked me into just geting a brand new ski. i want something that handles good is fun to ride and will do 55-60 and be reliable. is this something that will fit what im looking for or should i look else where?
    well you outlined what you want pretty much... and the RXP 155 will do just that. It will be reliable, damn near billetproof. It will do about 60mph. It handles well.

If you get into rough water, the ski tends to be a basketball in the rough stuff.

the RXP 215 HP violates your rule about being reliable. It's reliable, sure... but i'm not in denial about high performance watercraft... there's a price to pay, and they get tired quicker and have some weak points. Yamaha GPRs have quirks about them from the factory, Kawi Ultra 250s have quirks, Supercharged Seadoos have flaws... those are the "higher performance" machines.

realize one thing... the name of this forum is Green Hulk PERFORMANCE FORUMS... everyone here is going to convince you about power, speed, horsepower, acceleration, modifications, racing, passing other people, etc etc etc... sometimes i feel they do the general public and new watercraft owners a dis-service by stepping them up into something they dont want or aren't ready for or bringing them into a "racy watercraft culture"

only you can answer the questions, we can't.

how many passengers will u be riding with?
    will you be doing any towing? tubing? water skiing?
    will you get tired of doing about 60mph? will you want to do 70+ mph after a few months?
    do you want to be on a ski that jumps, and bobs around, and gets u wet and gives you a work out?
    do you want a ski that rides smooth and doesn't splash you as much and is gentle to the rider?

there's a ski for everyone, the RXP 155 just may be the one for you, jsut think about your intentions with the watercraft.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    how many passengers will u be riding with?
    will you be doing any towing? tubing? water skiing?
    will you get tired of doing about 60mph? will you want to do 70+ mph after a few months?
    do you want to be on a ski that jumps, and bobs around, and gets u wet and gives you a work out?
    do you want a ski that rides smooth and doesn't splash you as much and is gentle to the rider?

there's a ski for everyone, the RXP 155 just may be the one for you, jsut think about your intentions with the watercraft.
    1 passenger 90% of the the time the other 10% a 5'1" 97 pound girl. wich i cant imagine would be any worse then here on the back of my cbr f4i

no towing of any kind we have a 2003 larson 180 for that

no i was happy with my old 1100 waveraider that did 60 i dont know why i got rid of it. but now that i want to replace it i want something with a new style newer design. im not looking to go out and race some one im just looking to go out and engoy my self a little have some fun. like i always tell my freinds with my car there is always some one faster

i think part of riding a ski is about geting wet and stuff its going to be used 99% of the the time on smith moutain lake the watter is very calm most of the time. i dont mind geting bounced around a little bit i drive a 95 camaro lol. but seriously isnt that what about riding a ski is all about if you want a nice smooth ride why not get a boat lol

so i should expect around 60mph speeds with the 155? also it says it has no vts does that mean it has no ajustable trim?
    Last edited by stingray152003; 09-06-2007 at 06:35 PM.

Well said Shib!!!

Yes... the 155 will do about 60 and no VTS means no trim

Your best bet is to ride the ski's you have the option of looking at. Every model of ski is going to handle diff and you don't want to be surprised. I would also encourage you look at something like the NA GTX's. They are nice skis and even the three seater can be agile as some two seaters....

Judging from what you are used to(110 waveraider.... I could be wrong but wasn't it a 110 hp???.... I'm to lazy to google it) the RXP may be a nice upgrade.

+1
    I agree, that was a great post Shibby.

Stingray, you should have a close look at the Kawasaki STX-15F as well. I is only 3 inches longer than the RXP. It is a three seater that feels like a two seater.

100% right 50% of the time? bossdukes's Avatar
    check your local shops. The one I have near to me will let you test out several of the models they carry. They have a huge pond behind the shop. It was quit a suprise when the salesperson asked if I wanted to test out the skis I am comparing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information