Rookie

05 gpr .. over heating problem??

Hello eveyone! I read more than I post but here it goes. I have a stock gpr except for the cat con was removed and a d-plate installed. The ski runs strong (65.0 on gps) and has absolutley no problems. Except for one... I noticed when i ride it for about 15 miles nonstop the exhaust temp warning light comes on. It doesnt matter if its a cruze or a full throttle run. When I shut the motor off and take the key out till the dashbord lights go off and crank it back up i am fine it won't buzz at me again at least not for another 15 miles. i cant see anything clogged or anything either. I am not using the resistor. I bought it and tried it when I first did the install and it buzzed my exhaust temp almost immediately with the resistor. I misplaced it by now and never actually looked at the actual resistance. I read around about people using the 10k but not quite sure if that is my problem. Any advice would be appreciated. .. btw.. gpr's are really thirsty.. i know everyone already knows that, i just didnt now how thirsty until the odometer on the gps confirmed i get about 5-6 miles to the gallon.
    Last edited by hispeed; 09-06-2007 at 03:49 PM.

+1
    My 2007 GPR did the same thing, but it was the cat sensor, not the water temp sensor. Are you sure its the water temp warning?

I soldered a 10K resister in mine and its fixed, never saw the warning again.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsauto2 View Post
    My 2007 GPR did the same thing, but it was the cat sensor, not the water temp sensor. Are you sure its the water temp warning?

I soldered a 10K resister in mine and its fixed, never saw the warning again.
    +1...pm sent

+1
    You might try just connecting the sensor back up and tie it up out of the way. I did this on my 06 and broke it in this past weekend and I never got an alarm. WFO has told me that some will work this way and some wont. If it doesnt work I will install a resistor.

+1
    mine would set off the alarm right on startup with the chip. i plugged the sensor back in and some days it goes off, some it doesnt. after a long run like you describe it almost always does. lights up the water temp and engine over heat icons. i hit the mute and go on my merry way.

Thread Information