Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Post VX 110 Impeller performance

Hello everyone,
    I like to start off and say what a great forum. I have been very impressed with the wealth of knowledge from the members of this great community. I have to admit I tried to respond to some of the posts but as soon as I get ready to key in, someone would have already would have eithier answered the question or stated exactly what I had in mind. You guys are good. Anyways back to the post. I have not seen any previous threads, and I hope this may have some intrest. I was trying to find out if anyone has installed a Solas impeller 18/24 in thier VX. If you have, I wanted to know what results you came up with. I had my dealer replace my stock impeller with the Solas about a month ago and I'm not to excited with the performance. I have been asking around were I ride if anyone has swaped impellers on the VX. No luck.

+1
    I noticed Solas is now offering a 18/22 for the VX

You might look into getting the pitch changed for next season. If you don't have the impeller tool simply ship the complete pump assembly to someone and get the pitch lowered. You might try 18/22 or if the ski is sluggish in the low end you might try 17/22.

Or if you decide to go back to the stock impeller you could easily sell the Solas 18/24 - people are now using them on GPRs

Thanks for the update on the 18/22. I think the stock impeller will go back in and will end up selling the 18/24. Just seemed to me that 18/24 would probally be ok on flat water with the VX. I ride mostly in heavy chop and good size waves. The Solas, I thought, took to long to get going up to speed or pull you fast enough through the chop. The ski would just lose momentum.

Thats good to know regarding the 18/24 because I was considering one. What other mods have you done to the ski other than the 18/24?

+1
    Welcome brewster!

+1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I like to start off and say what a great forum. I have been very impressed with the wealth of knowledge from the members of this great community. I have to admit I tried to respond to some of the posts but as soon as I get ready to key in, someone would have already would have eithier answered the question or stated exactly what I had in mind. You guys are good. Anyways back to the post. I have not seen any previous threads, and I hope this may have some intrest. I was trying to find out if anyone has installed a Solas impeller 18/24 in thier VX. If you have, I wanted to know what results you came up with. I had my dealer replace my stock impeller with the Solas about a month ago and I'm not to excited with the performance. I have been asking around were I ride if anyone has swaped impellers on the VX. No luck.
    check this thread out!
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36754

+1
    welcome to the forum brewster !

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    Tommy, he is actually working on a VX though, not a GPR.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

As for the performance, Nefarious, I really want to hear from other riders with VX's that have put the 18/24 in thier ski. There could be many factors that contribute to the performance. I had my dealer put it in, whose to say they did it right?

The ski has 40 hours on it, in perfect condition, no mods. When I ordered the impeller, I was told you can add the 18/24 without any upgrades. Other than the air intake and couple of other minor upgrades, ther isn't much more to really make any differences for that impeller.

If Solas is coming out with a 18/22 for the VX, that could be a indication that the 18/24 is to much for the ski. If I'm correct, the stock pitch from yami is 21.5.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffsntx View Post
    Tommy, he is actually working on a VX though, not a GPR.
    Yep My error!!!!! I just didn't read it close enough. O well just trying to help. I guess even a guy with a vx110 wants to go faster Too.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information