Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1

    polaris genesis 1200 mods

    yea , i just bought a 2000 carbed polaris 1200 genesis and my buddy has a 2001 seadoo 951 with the rotex direct injection and he keeps beating me by quite a bit , well i was wondering if anyone had any web sites were i can get parts and what parts i should get to crush him, without rebuilding the whole motor


    thanks


  2. #2
    ph2ocraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Campbell, Ca.
    Posts
    14,100
    +1
    105
    Hi 1200 WELCOME to the Green Hulk Forums!!!
    Maybe take a stroll through this thread here and then us know what questions you have and how much money you want to spend.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...ight=list+mods

  3. #3
    Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,777
    +1
    405

    PARTS

    Depends On How Far You Want To Go???does It Have The Red Exhaust Pipe Or Black???the Genesis Has Smaller Carbs Than Other 1200 Motors Even Though They Are Listed As 40's.if It Has The Red Pipe You Could Go With A Set Of Sleeper Carbs,92 Octane Domes,carbon Tech Light Tension Reed Petals,recurved Cdi,those Would Wake It Up For Sure,or Then Go A Set Of Triple Pipes That Are Suppose To Fit

  4. #4
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,599
    +1
    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    ...does It Have The Red Exhaust Pipe Or Black...
    What does red vs. black exhaust pipe signify?

  5. #5

    about mods

    I have the black pipe, but were can i get a set of carbs and a triple exhaust pipes

  6. #6
    Connecticut CrazyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    CT.
    Posts
    8,139
    +1
    1,050
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    What does red vs. black exhaust pipe signify?
    Red Pipe refers to the more conventional type pipe that most of the "performance" machines use, said to be a better design for all-around, higher output skis.

    Black Pipe refers to the "log" style pipe that Polaris implemented on their machines that might be more geared towards having passengers, towing tubers etc. and is said to help more with low end grunt and a more linear (smooth) power delivery.

    .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5582b007.JPG 
Views:	176 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	37794   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5577b008.JPG 
Views:	219 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	37795  

  7. #7
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,599
    +1
    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyA View Post
    Red Pipe refers to the more conventional type pipe that most of the "performance" machines use, said to be a better design for all-around, higher output skis.

    Black Pipe refers to the "log" style pipe that Polaris implemented on their machines that might be more geared towards having passengers, towing tubers etc. and is said to help more with low end grunt and a more linear (smooth) power delivery.
    Good info. Thanks.
    Makes sense that the Genesis would have the black pipe, then. Fairly big machine, with four people up, would want to have good bottem end power.

    Are they always painted red and black from the factory, or you just go by the actual pipe shape?

  8. #8
    Connecticut CrazyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    CT.
    Posts
    8,139
    +1
    1,050
    They're always red and black unless someone has done their own paintjob. Heres a little kicker though... the MSX 140's came with the more conventional red style pipe,BUT, on those machines they are black from the factory. Those are the only ones that are that way though.


    .

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    topeka,ks
    Posts
    3,332
    Quote Originally Posted by polarisgen1200 View Post
    yea , i just bought a 2000 carbed polaris 1200 genesis and my buddy has a 2001 seadoo 951 with the rotex direct injection and he keeps beating me by quite a bit , well i was wondering if anyone had any web sites were i can get parts and what parts i should get to crush him, without rebuilding the whole motor


    thanks

    what kinda rpms or speeds are ya getting now ?

  10. #10
    ph2ocraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Campbell, Ca.
    Posts
    14,100
    +1
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyA View Post
    They're always red and black unless someone has done their own paintjob. Heres a little kicker though... the MSX 140's came with the more conventional red style pipe,BUT, on those machines they are black from the factory. Those are the only ones that are that way though.


    .
    Dude, get that pepper out of there, my face is on fire just looking at it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. F.S. parting 1999 polaris GENESIS 1200 ficht
    By john zigler in forum Polaris Classifieds
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 11-17-2011, 09:38 AM
  2. FS (2)2000 Polaris Genesis 1200 Ficht for Parts or complete
    By Vagaondracing103 in forum Polaris Classifieds
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-04-2008, 04:09 PM
  3. WTB Polaris Genesis 1200 Fiche CDI
    By Vagaondracing103 in forum Polaris Classifieds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 11:03 AM
  4. Info Needed On Polaris Genesis 1200 Carb
    By A1999polaris1200ccgenesis in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-29-2008, 07:56 PM
  5. 1999 Polaris Genesis 1200 "Sleeper" project
    By SCXtrmSnwNWtr in forum Polaris Projects
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-12-2007, 06:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •