Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

What the.....???????? HELP!!!!

I took my ski out today to the lake today. I flushed her first but before I did that I made sure I sprayed Bomb lube on the Impeller and Carbon seal, as well as give both of them a steady spray of water to make sure nothing was dried out. I flushed it the correct way and off to the lake we went. I put the ski in the water (with the back seat off, and the bilge drains CLOSED) and no water came in as it was just sitting there. I started her up, put her in reverse to back out of the dock and was just letting her sit there idling in Neutral, maybe occasionally putting her in reverse and drive. I looked down in my hull and there is water pouring in , maybe not pouring but you could see the water coming in. So I took her back to the trailer and put it on there, pulled up drained it out and put it back in the water but the ski was still on the trailer and all secured up. so I decided to just check everything out. I turned it on, a little water was in there and i reved it a bit and no water really came in, but then when I put it in reverse thats when the water cam in (I THINK, not totally sure but it seemd that way.) SO i took her home and dropped her off at ASK powersports they looked everything over and they said they couldnt really find anything, BUT they looked at her real quick as they were busy and couldnt technically get me in untill monday. but they still said everything checked out ok on there visual. So i took it home. They also said they may not be able to garuntee warenty work because of my mods!! What the fuck I called htem bastards before I even started this shit, and they said just as long as you dont modify internal engien they would accept it!

My mods are

OPAS Block offs- on the one inside block off the hole was stripped when i removed the stock OPAS system...so I used some fiberglass epoxy and filed it in and then installed a one size bigger bolt. It held fine. I then used marine goop and sealed all of the OPAS Block offs with 2-3 coats of it.

Free Flow Exhaust- I made my own using 2.5" peice of stainless cut a little over 8.5" long. I welded up 2 flares on each end that are about 1/8" to almost 1/4" in some spots... I then made sure I clamped them down VERY Tight! I also checked the connection at the water box to make sure it was good and tight and noticed that part of the hose had lifted up a bit because I pushed it down a little far and it raised up over the exhaust sensor housing, but it was clamped down VERY Tight also, I got home and backed the hose off of the senso r housing so it fit flush, and then clamped it down very tight...

Air inatke- Everyone knows my air intake and I dont think that would ahve any cause to it.

Prevously Last year: I took it up to a lake in michigan and we ahd some troubles LOL...well first we tried to take it througha passage that was deep on the depth finder but there were plants about 2 feet below the water and the engine over heated, everything was fine after that we took it out after that, and it ran great! The next day we took it tubing, and I wasnt paying attention and it sucked up the rope and wrapped it around the driveshaft going through the ride plate..I dont think it got to the impeller because I shut it off really fast but it was at the entrance to the hull and all the way back about 2 or 3 inches from the impeller...We had to remove the intake grate and cut and pull the rope off, that was a bitch, and it looked fine. We cant remember if we took it back outa gain after that or not, that is the problem....

So What does everyone thing the problem is?? I am STUMPED!!!

Please help ASAP, as I want to have something that the service people should check in specific! Thanks!

+1
    I can think of 2 things. First you'll want to look at the area where the drive shaft goes through the hull for left over pieces of rope.

Secondly there may not have been enough pressure on the carbon seal when you were sitting there in reverse. That seal can leak but usually once you get up to speed there's enough pressure to keep the water out.

If you aren't on a rocky ramp and can block it for a while I'd put it back in the water, leave it tied on the trailer and test it out.

Yeah...I will go back out sometime here in the next day...if thats the case....do you think when i take it monday i should just have them replace the Carbon seal under warrenty??

But yeah water didnt come in when I was in forward just reverse/neutral...I am pretty sure on that, not 100% but about 75%

+1
    where could you see the water pouring in from?
    carbon seal?

It wasnt really pouring in but you could see the water flow in the hull...I would have to say it looked like most of the water was right under my S/C...

Did you rotate the screw clamp on the carbon seal when you put in the air intake ?

Yup I did, I think if you mean the 2 screw clamps that are on the rubber boot thing right under the S/C, Yes I did rotate both and tightend them back up tight.

Def test it again, and look closely...you can`t remeber if you ran it after sucking up the rope? could this have possibly damage the carbon seal?...PR...

that what I am thinking. I am thinking that when the rope got wrapped around the drive shaft it messed up the carbon seal...

Is this what everyone thinks?? Because If it is I will have them replace the carbon seal under warrenty...

uh correct me if im wrong, but you shouldnt get any kind of lube on the carbon seal as it may leak...could be your problem.

though more likely it has something to do with sucking up that rope

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information