+1

How many skis in the world go over 77 MPH?

My non jet ski riding friend asked me this after I told him about my recent speed increase and I was stumped. I would guess less than 75 skis total. Anyone else have a guess/idea/rationalization?

All over the world? I only know of 1 that I have seen in person and that is mine. Wait it doesn't go over 77mph it is at 77mph. And that's on low fuel............with the wind.........with the current.

+1
    I bet there is alot out there. with all those fast yamaha, seadoos, and sc kawis. 75 seems like a good number. I know I dont know of that many ppl with a ski that goes over 77mph.

+1
    There was supposed to be a lot of IJSBA 77mph GPR's...I rode a Pro Superstock and it went 72 in race set-up. So, they could very well have made 77 but not sure if they really do pull those numbers. I would use the 80mph barrier as a yardstick. There a very few of those. Very few.

Everytime I used to see a triple pipe GPR for sale on RIVA or E-Bay, they'd always say "Radared at 77+mph"...and I thought, yeah, right.

+1
    Mike, if you had to guess how many 80+ mph skis are there? My guess is less than 20

you might be supprysed i have personally ridden 2 skis with video proof of over 80mph and 1 more will soon be that fast at least. jerry will do 80+
    and look at the board piston wash on outhers thier are probley more than
    20 skis that we know of. im sure thier are more than that. BUT 80 mph is a huge # and any one that has done it should be proud. (my oppinion is that it is going to be possible to do 80 mph on a good day with an rxp with only bolt ons no motor work) lets see a GPR do that (LOL pistonwash)

+1
    I think there are alot of of ski's will do over 80 mph....But they are more geared to cc racing...Now if you had a question like...How many recreational ski's go over 80....I would definatly say only a handfull...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy-K
    you might be supprysed i have personally ridden 2 skis with video proof of over 80mph and 1 more will soon be that fast at least. jerry will do 80+
    and look at the board piston wash on outhers thier are probley more than
    20 skis that we know of. im sure thier are more than that. BUT 80 mph is a huge # and any one that has done it should be proud. (my oppinion is that it is going to be possible to do 80 mph on a good day with an rxp with only bolt ons no motor work) lets see a GPR do that (LOL pistonwash)
    I am still waiting to see an 80mph RXP with just bolt-ons..it can't be done with a GPR. But 75-77 has already been done.I think that is the top of the wrung for the GPR's with no motor work. But Kerry and others have single pipers hitting 83mph with motor work and bigger pistons now, so we'll see how many of those are around this summer.

And mine just has a few bolt-ons and just a tad of motor work. It does alright.

80mph is hard to do on whatever ski you ride. There's a lot of balance and combinations that have to be done as many on both boards are finding out.

Thread Information