Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I do I have to use Bombadier oil?

Is there anything wrong with using a diff brand of oil (a little less expensive)? The seadoo oil by me is 40.00 a gallon.

OIL...

Realize when you ask this question you just included every rider and everyone on this forum to 'answer' you. There will be literally thousands of answers and different oppinions, even if some go unvoiced so you may get some conflicting ...answers and rationale.

Oil is the protection for your engine...

I have 2 skis and am rebuilding one I just bought so that will be 3 skis. When I bought my first ski some years ago I ran into some kid who advised me against using the bombardier oil. He told me to get some PENNZOIL synthetic Marine stating it was a great lube. I have used it in my skis for all this time and have NEVER had a single oil related failure. The cost difference is substantial...I can get a gallon of it at my local hardware store for $12.49, so with the rising costs of higher octane gasoline I appreciate the cost difference.

Do some research on this oil on your own...everyone that uses it swears by it and will never switch. All the performance data that you can find will show no performance or durability improvements by going to a more expensive oil (neither Seadoo, AMSOIL or YAMALUBE etc...) can boast of better protection over the PENNZOIL. So, for me the answer is clear...low cost excellent lubrication qualities and availablity all mean my skis go...without costing me an arm and leg!

GL...now you will find thousands who will disagree with me...but do the research and you will find a couple of gallon jugs of PENNZOIL in your garage and your tank will be full...rest assured it is a great oil!

+1
    Do you have powervalves in the engine you have? What ski do you have?

+1
    He he , They all boast of better protection over one anothers claims, amsoil does have some good comps on their site, but every company trying to sell you their oil is biased. I like amsoil in my skis & motorcycle, and I used the seadoo oil for over 7 years, mostly cause it doesn't gum up the raves and I was able to get it cheap then. I ran some pennzoil in a jeep once for awhile and it just gummed up everything, turned me off on pennzoil LOL

TLR

1999 Seadoo XPL

+1
    You can use this product from AMSOIL Interceptor Oil. Prices listed are retail for the preferred customer pricing PM or Call me.
    http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/ait.aspx?zo=367509

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Interceptor is good oil.

Just a FYI...Sea-Doos don't have powervalves. RAVES...

sorry TL...that PENNZOIL is for 4 stroke

Jeez what I am talking about is PENNZOIL 2 cycle synthetic MARINE oil. Not the stuff you put in your Jeep ...maybe that is why you had a problem there is a very real and distinct difference between 2 cycle oil and 4 cycle oil.

And one little bit of info...Who would you think makes Bombardiers OIL? Who could supply that quantity...in both synthetic and mineral? Do you really think BOMBARDIER has their own refinery or Lab capable of producing that much oil?

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by GSXRYDER View Post
    Jeez what I am talking about is PENNZOIL 2 cycle synthetic MARINE oil. Not the stuff you put in your Jeep ...maybe that is why you had a problem there is a very real and distinct difference between 2 cycle oil and 4 cycle oil.

And one little bit of info...Who would you think makes Bombardiers OIL? Who could supply that quantity...in both synthetic and mineral? Do you really think BOMBARDIER has their own refinery or Lab capable of producing that much oil?
    To be honest, Pennzoil 2 cycle oil sucks too. Spun #2 crank bearing in my SPX right after purchase...the previous owner used Pennzoil.

Castrol supplies BRP with their oil...most in the know already know this. Now you doo...

XPSS

Thank You, pretty good info! Want to compare pictures of combustion chambers right now or raves? Dont forget I have 2 skis both 98's with not a single OIL related failure or rebore...Sure, I an afford the AMSOIL the BOMBARDIER or any other oil...but I ride on PENNZOIL!
    The point I was trying to make was with the SD oil you are not getting a SD product you are getting a product repackaged with the SD name...Didn't know it was castrol that makes it for SD but I did know for sure it was not SD.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information