Low hours with problems??? anyone else?

whats up forum friends.. my 07 rxp's SC washers are toasted already. the jet only has 28 - 29 hours on it. is this uncommon at such low hours??? do the metal washers void warranty? what material is the metal washer made of jerry?

+1
    what a shame!

Make sure the dealer pulls your engine and replaces the front oil pump and inspects the rear for damage.

No, its not uncommon. Thats why you will see it preached over and over again on this forum to install the metal washers ASAP.

I have never heard of a single case of metal washers voiding a warranty. They don't fail! Did you know that the 08's will be coming out with metal washers?

+1
    sorry to here that the washers have gone sticky thread, mine went at 30 hours, the engine was'nt cleaned as jerry recommends, and at 70 hours it thru a rod out the block, make sure your dealer cleans it right,

+1
    What a shame you ignored ALL the threads...

5 Months of seeing other people have the same problem and still not doing anything. wow

anyway get the dealer to clean out the oil pumps and put the Riva washers or Jerry's washers and you will be fine. At least it happened at the end of the season.

my dealer might set me up with the new 08 sc..mine never blew but they know about the problem and know theyll have to fix it WHEN(not if) they go.

Hmm, void my warranty with metal washers and be 99% sure I won't have any problems or keep the ceramics and warranty and be 99% sure I will have another SC failure and possibly damage more parts. But I don't see how the dealer could void your warranty anyways. I doubt they could tell the difference between the metal and ceramic washers.

Get a stock RXP, put the metal washers in it, and I guarantee you will have a solid machine. No worries.

yeah my jet is stock, i bought the jet in the spring i wasnt going to tear it down right away to replace the washers. i mentioned metal washers to the guy at the dealership and he was like i dunno if the voids warranty or not. ill do it bc it has to be taken apart anyway but.. does anyone know wha metal the washers are made of?? not sure if you guys would tell me if you did,..

Thread Information